Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Custom/folding game carts?

Old 01-09-2015, 12:26 PM
Spike

Default Custom/folding game carts?

Hey,

I'm wondering if anyone knows of any folding (and light-ish) game carts? I'm based in the UK and given our lack of hunting here, a game cart of any kind or quality is nearly impossible to find. I'm looking for the most simple design, so I would guess a V shaped, one wheel, tow cart style.

I'm actually in need of one for a long trip in Siberia to transport my equipment off road. It's also got to be packable (and light enough) to be slung/packed on the outside of a backpack and strapped on to a packraft.

Any suggestions for commercially made game carts would be greatly welcomed. If there's any custom manufacturers out there I'm also interested.

Thanks a lot,

Matt
Old 01-09-2015, 04:08 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Research Cabela's.

I have this cart. It does fold but I sure would not want to pack it in. To lighten it I'd get rid of the solid rubber tires and go to aired bicycles tires. That would save you some wt.

They are not as easy to pull or drag as you think. The cart will have a tendency to tip over. The picture I am providing I use to haul turkey gear in through plowed farm fields. In heavy rough terrain it would be useless.
The other reason I got this cart was for a shoulder injury to which the Dr told me not to carry any wt on my shoulder. So I dragged it with my good arm.

Last edited by JW; 01-09-2015 at 04:11 PM.
Old 01-09-2015, 05:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've yet to see any game cart that's light enough or designed to be carried on your back.
Old 01-10-2015, 07:29 AM
JW
Super Moderator

I did a quick computer google search and this came up. Weighs only 18 lbs.

Pack N' Pull Game Cart

JW
Old 01-10-2015, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

here is what I use, its indestructible, on leaves, rocks and such it drags easy, gets a lil tough on sand and grass. easy to make and cheap. I once got a 200# bear out a mile in by myself, took right at an hour. remove 6 wing nuts and it breaks down to 1/2 size, could pack it ok, weighs about 15 pounds

RR
Old 01-11-2015, 05:09 AM
Spike

Ridge Runner is that from an old barrel? Looks like it would work where I hunt!
Old 01-11-2015, 06:13 AM
Fork Horn

Somewhat off topic, but what in the world would you be doing in Siberia where you couldn't have ATV or snowmobile support?
Old 01-11-2015, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by scdeerhunt123
Ridge Runner is that from an old barrel? Looks like it would work where I hunt!
yep made it years ago to transport deer/bear out of the NF, now I hunt where I can drive to them mostly
RR