Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

night vision goggles

Old 05-10-2003, 12:52 PM

Default night vision goggles

Any one out there have any suggestions on wich one works the best. I am looking for a set of goggles that have the regular night vision and the infer red option too. I want to get a set to use for huntin varmits, and to use instead of a flshlight while geting to my stand for bow hunting. I also would use the infer red option to scout possible deer stand sights and to track wounded deer. Any info appriciated THANKS. I have looked on the web but its really hard to get a good idea of what ones are decent for what Im looking for. plus they are not cheap and I would like to get some input on them rather then just the input I have gotten from the adds.
Old 05-14-2003, 04:41 PM

Default RE: night vision goggles

night vision is cool
Old 05-18-2003, 07:37 PM

Check out:

http://www.atncorp.com

They offer some very high quality products.

Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com
Old 05-23-2003, 10:02 AM
Dominant Buck

Hi Buckeyemike ,
you can find night vision gear in most catalogs , what kind are you looking for ? What' s your budget ? Headgear or monocular ? Gen 1 or higher ? I have a Gen 1 mono that I use for observing deer in open fields , it was cheap but works well . Got it from Harbor Freight tool catalog for $70 . Handhelds aren' t very practical for getting to your stand , trust me on that one .
Old 06-01-2003, 09:03 PM

night vision generation 3

my uncle is a game warden and he has those and they work the best......
i love them
Old 06-10-2003, 05:38 AM
Spike

In my opinion the pvs-14 in generation 3 is the way to go. This is a monocular which can be hand held, weapon mounted, or worn on your head for walking. Its much easier to walk with a monocular so your other eye can adapt making it easier to keep your balance. Sit down when you price these things though as they start out at 2500 plus and go up to 4500 for the better units. If your not ready to spend 2500 for Gen 3 I wouldnt waste your time on night vision, because you probably will not be satisfied. The pvs-14 is awesome though. I have a clamp called the monoloc which is used to lock the the 14 behind a rifle scope. Using a very good quality scope you could kill a coyote at 200 yds. on a pretty dark night. Its cool to shoot at a running coyote at 125 yds. across a dark field. Scouting in the off season for deer, if legal checking fields for deer as you enter your hunting area and especially in the evening when getting down from your stand you can be sure the deer have moved on out of the food plot.
Old 06-23-2003, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

dont buy the cheap 1 st generation stuff. it looks like a fish bowl when you look through it and gives me a nasty headache after a while. there is no depth perception. to get the good stuff you have to pay over a grand. i think its generation 3.if you wanna go cheap stick to the sony video cameras with the super night shot. to me it looks better than any cheap generation 1 night vision.