HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - night vision goggles
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2003, 05:38 AM
PILOT
Spike

Default RE: night vision goggles

In my opinion the pvs-14 in generation 3 is the way to go. This is a monocular which can be hand held, weapon mounted, or worn on your head for walking. Its much easier to walk with a monocular so your other eye can adapt making it easier to keep your balance. Sit down when you price these things though as they start out at 2500 plus and go up to 4500 for the better units. If your not ready to spend 2500 for Gen 3 I wouldnt waste your time on night vision, because you probably will not be satisfied. The pvs-14 is awesome though. I have a clamp called the monoloc which is used to lock the the 14 behind a rifle scope. Using a very good quality scope you could kill a coyote at 200 yds. on a pretty dark night. Its cool to shoot at a running coyote at 125 yds. across a dark field. Scouting in the off season for deer, if legal checking fields for deer as you enter your hunting area and especially in the evening when getting down from your stand you can be sure the deer have moved on out of the food plot.