Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

SUMMIT RUN-N-GUN GROUND BLIND

Old 05-30-2009, 04:45 AM

Default SUMMIT RUN-N-GUN GROUND BLIND

Was looking for some feedback on the Summit Run N Gun ground blind, wondering how it compares to the Double Bull blinds? From what I see the set up and take down looks to be incredibly simple and fast.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:07 PM

Default RE: SUMMIT RUN-N-GUN GROUND BLIND

I can only tell you about the double bull. For turkey hunting with a young kid nothing will beat it! Parctice setting it up before going to the field. For deer hunting you had better have it camoed up or in place long enough for the deer to become use to it. The sun will fade it if you leave it out too long in the field. Bottom line I would recommend the double bull.
Old 06-06-2009, 07:49 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: SUMMIT RUN-N-GUN GROUND BLIND

I have hunted out of the Double Bull blinds in archery. I don't care for them. If you are using a gun or xbow then I would say they are fine and easy to shoot out of from a low sitting position. However, I am 5'10" and was sitting ina Double Bull chair inside the double bull blind and my field of view was poor top of window is too low- could only see 15 feet in front of me, had to crouch down or lean forward to see further which is uncomfortable. I missed an opportunity at a 130" plus deer in that blind. I kneeled on the ground until my knees hurt and then sat in the chair just before the buck walked passed and I saw his legs. While hunting with a compound I don't want to have to sit indian style on hard ground in order to see further allowing me to be ready in time for the shot. If you set up looking downhill you will be fine but on level or looking uphill visibility is poor. Maybe the newest models are better. The new dream season blind seems to have it all except the price most of us are willing to spend. I suggest sitting in any blind before deciding to make the purchase. I have had nothing but great experiences with all the summit products I have used and am interested in checking out their new blind.