Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Lacrosse Rubber Boots

Old 11-19-2008, 04:49 PM

Default Lacrosse Rubber Boots

document.write('');

window.google_render_ad();

I have always had good luck with the plain burly with foam insulation but I see Cabelas has a burly with 800 gram of thinsulate. Two questions. which do you think is warmer and what is the weight difference between the two.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Lacrosse Rubber Boots

i have not found any boot lighter than my lacrosse boots. i wont get any other ever.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:41 PM
Spike

Have had the 800 and bought the alpha Burly 1500 this spring. Best boot lacrosse has made to date. light weight and warm in the coldest weather, and your feet wont shrivel up to prune when its hot. so the alpha 1500 is my recomendation.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Tumabuck

Have had the 800 and bought the alpha Burly 1500 this spring. Best boot lacrosse has made to date. light weight and warm in the coldest weather, and your feet wont shrivel up to prune when its hot. so the alpha 1500 is my recomendation.
i have the burly 1500.

they are not rubber boot you will want to walk a lot in.

leather boots are ticket if you walk.

i sit all day and my feet were getting cold with 1500 burlysw.

all rubber boots will make you sweat.

now, i use those toe warmers things and that helps a lot.

i only use 1 pair of wool blend socks, any more and boots are to tight.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:44 PM
Spike

To each his own, my experience with the alpha burly's was great. As far as walking i walked 35 miles plus in 2 days in them, hunting hogs in every terrain possible, mud, creeks, rocks, etc. No problems here.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Tumabuck

To each his own, my experience with the alpha burly's was great. As far as walking i walked 35 miles plus in 2 days in them, hunting hogs in every terrain possible, mud, creeks, rocks, etc. No problems here.
great.

i also have the cheap ones for 49 dollars, not insulated for hunting phesants and they are great also.

i buy them real tight and only lite pair of socks inthem as grouse/phesant season is usually warm here in pa.

now, on to 1500 burlys.

ANY rubber boot you get ,your feet will sweat.

no way to get around it as the sweat cant leave the boot as a leather boot can.

i carry my burlys into my spot i hunt about 1 mile at times.

i then put on my heavy 1 PAIR ONLY socks in my burlys.

if i did not do this,MY FEET WOULD FREEZE.

wet socks.

been doing this for 47 years WITH RUBBER BOOTS.

i agree, burlys are best boot for WALKING in rubber boot but no rubber boot after your socks get wet will keep your feet warm.

you have toi change your socks a lot if you walk and sit ,walk sit,.

i carry 3 pairs of wool socks if i am hunting in a CREW where you do a lot of walking.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:51 AM
Dominant Buck

I have 5 pairs of LaCrosse boots all the way from uninsulated to Ice Kings. They make them in China now and they won't last like they used to when they were made in Wisconcin. I do have a new pair of alpha burleys in 800 gr and they are good boots but won't last like the old ones. I use them for hunting and then ice fishing almost every day and I get about 2-3 years out of them before they start to crack. The old ones used to last 10 years easy. I complained to LaCrosse once and sent them a pair of 2 year old burleys that cracked at the ankle and they sent me a new pair back that cracked after another 2 years. I think my next pair of rubber boots will be Muck Woodys. I did buy a pair of Cabelas 2000 gram rubber boots for ice fishing last year and they were warm but not as comfortable as the LaCrosse.