Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

?? on Summit Viper

Old 10-19-2008, 07:31 PM

Default ?? on Summit Viper

I am considering buying a Summit Viper. The bar in front looks like it would be nice for gun hunting but I am concerned that it might get in the way when bow hunting. Has anyone had any problems withthe bow hitting the bar when releasing the arrow??

Also, has anyone used the seat o pants safety harness??? Any comments?

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 10-19-2008, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ?? on Summit Viper

I have been using a Summit Viper for several years now for both bow hunting and gun hunting. I shoot a Hoyt VTec which is about 35 inches ATA and have not had a problem with the bar getting in the way. When I shoot I just put my leading knee against the bar and then bend at the waist.

The seat o pants safety harness is an excellent product and I use it exclusively. Once you get used to it, you can barely tell it's on your body. I took a "Sharpie" marker and placed a big "L" on the left shoulder strap and a "R" on the right strap. This helps me untangle the harness quicker and in the dark.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:10 PM
Typical Buck

the summit is an awesome climber, and i have used it for both bow and gun hunting. as far as the bar getting in the way, i just stand up when i am going to shoot at a deer with a bow. and i am either sitting or standing when i shoot a deer with a gun.
Old 11-16-2008, 03:34 PM

I have a viper ss & a gollath ss you can't go wrong with the summit line @ all......
Old 11-16-2008, 05:46 PM
Typical Buck

I have a viper. You can adjust the seat straps to lower or raise the bar so it is out of your way when bowhunting. Just tighten the straps all the way and then drop the climber down. You can have it hit you about mid thigh when you stand up.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:53 PM

Iwould highly recommend the viper i have one and love it!!! it is so comfortable and very light compared to a lot of other climbers. you cant go wrong!