Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Carnivore Blood Tracking Light >

Carnivore Blood Tracking Light

Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Carnivore Blood Tracking Light

Old 09-17-2008, 04:35 PM
Typical Buck

Default Carnivore Blood Tracking Light

I bought one today. So, of course, I'm asking about it now. I suck at following a blood trail because I have mild red-green color-blindness. How do ya'll like this kind of gadget, and are there any color-blind folks that have tried them?
Old 09-18-2008, 12:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Carnivore Blood Tracking Light

congrats on your new flashlight. we have 2 guys in our club that bought them and the primos one. if you shine it directly on the blood it will show lightly. but we had to find the blood first and then shine it on to tell any difference. if you can find the blood to shine it on you don't need it.....tony
Old 09-18-2008, 03:07 PM
Fork Horn

If you still have the receipt you may want to get your money back and spend it on something like beer, and womenand then just waste the rest LOL LOL... There have been tons of post on this light and the primos model and 99% of them indicate they are nothing more than an over pricedflashlight. The only first hand info I can offer is this. Crime Scene INvestigators use "alternate light sources" on occassion when searching for blood. Their kits have numerous filters, several lights and cost about $5000.00. Guess what? Eventhose don't help much and are rarely used because of poor performance in the field. I spoke with numerous professionals in the business of investigating blood spatter and when I told them about the game tracking light they all laughed.

You may want to try getting yourself a small coleman lantern (propane) and a large spray bottle of peroxide. The bright white light of the lantern will help and you can mist the peroxide in areas you think are blood. Good Luck and I hope I didn't rain on your idea.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:47 PM
Spike

bought one last year didnt make the blood stand out i found a cordless uv light works great there bright almost like its daylight out