Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Polaris vs Honda

Old 02-17-2003, 09:34 AM

Default RE: Polaris vs Honda

If someone gave me a polaris i would sell the thing and buy a honda!!!
Old 02-17-2003, 10:02 AM

If someone gave me an atv of anytype I' ld be gratefull
H- helpless
O- overpriced
N- no good
D- doomed
A- atv
[]
Old 02-17-2003, 10:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Model 722-You say that you have rolled your polaris over a dozen times,dropped a tree on it and had it taken over a cliff.You should stay with your polaris until you learn how to handle an atv.It would be a waste to abuse a quality atv like you have your polaris.
Old 02-17-2003, 11:38 AM

Other than me tearing th plastic on both sides getting an elk out the ' 95 Honda fourtrax 300 has had guess how many failures or problems after thousands of nasty miles?---ZERO/ZIP/NADA
Old 02-17-2003, 12:07 PM

SJ like I said I' ve owned my machine for over ten years when I first got it I liked to be reckless, push it to the extreme, I always liked to take the road(trail) less traveled, so to speak. I' ve been riding atv' s for over 20 years I used to be rough on my machines. I was just stating how rough I' ve been on my polaris to show how well it has held up. I' m no longer rough on my machines because of health problems. I figured I was the one paying the payments on my machine so therefore I was going to ride the way I wanted to. As far as your handleing comment well like I said back then I liked to push things to the limit. I' ve never been reckless near other people or put anyones life in danger. When I would drive reckless I would make sure there was no one around I' ve always liked doing different stunts and things(hillclimbs etc...). Of coarse you guys with hondas are probably to afraid to try and go off the trail, thats ok just sit tight and a polaris will come along and clear the trail for ya
Old 02-17-2003, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' d say that each has it' s advantages when pushed to the limit. Honda' s have great engines but are under powered. When I' ve seen the Yamaha and Polaris pushed to the limit the Yamaha overheated and the oil light came on, the Polaris was pushed so hard the drive chain broke. It was a nice feeling to find out that you can still drive a Polaris out of the bush with 2 wheel drive. The Polaris had the most guts of the three I have experience with.

Dan O.
Old 02-17-2003, 01:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

model 722-When I want to go fast and have fun I put away the atv and take out the two wheeled bike.It' s a whole lot faster than any quad and definitely more enjoyable but unfortunately it won' t carry loads or drag game like an atv.My atv on the other hand is a working tool so reliability is the most important factor.After all someone has to be able to tow the broken down polaris home.
Old 02-17-2003, 02:24 PM

Well atleast we agree alittle bit, when a polaris breaks down it is worth towing home and fixing. When we ride here and a honda breaks down we just bury it
Well like I said, before I had problems I liked to ride alittle on the crazy side, I used to have a dirt bike and a road bike pushed them to the limit too. I also only use my atv for work around the house and draging deer. It' s getting alittle old so I' m probably going to trade it in for the 700 polaris someday in the near future.
Old 02-17-2003, 10:42 PM

722 your cracking me up!
my honda has never broke down but brother alot of polaris' s have been pulled in . i at one time thought about one. then i noticed when i would go on large group rides polaris' s and kawasaki prairies were breaking down . and not really doing anything to tough just riding! i decided then no way!

I have a few guys that have them in my club. they are not worth a sh** in the mud!! they are thinking of buying honda after seeing me just ease through mud and never spin a wheel and they get stuck trying. i told them to get some real tires but they think it' s the honda! what can i say?

polaris has made some improvements over there early models . they are more dependable than they were . i still will stick to my honda. i work my machine. pull loads of wood , drag stuff and whatever else i can think of doing with it. the honda foreman s is the best around that i have found for this. it is made to work!! period!
the polaris' s pull to but to me it sounds like they are going to blow up with that engine reving so high . plus i will have NOTHING with a BELT drive!!!

And price on hondas is well worth it considering the money you save on repair bills!
Old 02-17-2003, 10:57 PM

The best thing about these debates is everyone likes different bikes. It makes for alot better ride when everyone is on a different kind of bike. There is always someone kicking #!! and someone getting their #!! kicked. I don' t mind being on one end of the equation as long as I can get on the other.
PS If anybody gets around Western Washington and wants to go for a ride let me know I have hundreds of miles of trails in my back yard and we are always looking for fresh meat

Quick Reply: Polaris vs Honda

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.