Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Anyone have a 2007 Honda Rincon 680? >

Anyone have a 2007 Honda Rincon 680?

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Anyone have a 2007 Honda Rincon 680?

Old 03-10-2008, 08:31 PM
Spike

Default Anyone have a 2007 Honda Rincon 680?

Was wondering what your experience with it has been, any common problems recalls?
Old 03-20-2008, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone have a 2007 Honda Rincon 680?

I bought the 03' when they first come out with the Rincon, I actually bought it in 02' and I just put it in the shop for the first time last month for brakes and needed an adjustment made to the linkage on the shifter, while it was there I had them change the oil. Needless to say I have not taken good care of this bike and it has been awesome. There is a big group of us that go 4 wheelin regularly and two of my buddies just bought the new ones about 6-8 months ago and they love theirs too. I will say this the new ones run a heck of a lot faster than mine. Their not the cheapest but I believe them to be a really good machine. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one if I were in the market. Mine is 5 years old and has not been maintained like it should and has been an exceptional bike.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a 06 Honda Rincon 680.It has 600+ miles (approx 135 hrs)on it and been a really reliable 4 wheeler.I did have to put it in the shop during hunting season. It was no fault of the bike.I was in Alabama hunting. The rains came and there was nothing but a deep red clay mud.We call it stacker mud,since it just keeps stacking up.No running water at the camp another problem.What had happened my front brakes got packed with this red clayand became unoperable. After riding and getting this mud packed in, on below freezing mornings the brakes would be frozen soild.This Rincon was winding way up beforeit would shift gears.Turns out my oil level was a little low which caused the shifting problem. I went by the owners manual and it takes more oil then the manual says.My fault for not checking it after I changed the oil.I added a little more oil and it shift perfectly.Last oil change I switched to Shell RotellaT SYN 5W40. It shifts like my truck now. A nice smooth un-noticeableshift.
When I got back home after the season ended. (I was down there for almost the entire season) it tookover3 hours using my pressure cleaner to get this red mud off the bike.That's how bad the mud was packed in itfrom a couple months of continuious use.

I wouldn't hestiate getting another 680 Rincon.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can check here to see if there were any recalls. http://search.cpsc.gov/query.html?col=pubweb&qt=honda+atv&x=13&am p;y=15

I did get a notice last year about the Camo pattern on them.The process was done incorrectly and they were peeling. It was a small number and mine wasn't one of them.Other then thatI haven't heard of any issues.

I put a receiver hitch on mine and cut down a cargo basket for it.It made hauling deer and other stuff allot easier to carry.

Old 03-24-2008, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's a couple pictures of the cargo basket.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v246/Ruger454/?action=view&current=HuntingCamp006.jpg

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v246/Ruger454/?action=view&current=HuntingCamp007.jpg
Old 03-25-2008, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is a good idea on the cargo basket, thanks for sharing....
Old 03-25-2008, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: oilpatchpride

That is a good idea on the cargo basket, thanks for sharing....
You're welcome,I got that basket from Harbor Freight for 40.00. It was to wide so a hour or twoof cutting and fitting I got it down to size. Then we welded a "Z" to it to raise it. It will drag a little once in awhile if you go over a ledge as you're coming down. The Honda hitch is only rated for 35 lb tongue weight. I took some 3/16" flat bar and made braces from the suspension to the hitch. Welded a 1/2" piece of pipe to the top of the receiver hitch and put a 1/2" bolt through the pipefastening the bracesto the hitch.I'm going to take the reflectors off. I used to have to ride along side a county road.Thought the reflectors would be a good idea.No longer hunting there and not riding along side a road so the reflectors need to go LOL.