Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Anyone know much about the Honda Rincon 650? >

Anyone know much about the Honda Rincon 650?

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Anyone know much about the Honda Rincon 650?

Old 10-19-2006, 01:15 AM

Default Anyone know much about the Honda Rincon 650?

Just thought I'd see if any of you have any experience with the Honda Rincon 650. The old man is looking into getting a used 2003, but I don't know anything about them because the only Hondas I ride are the Foreman 450's. He has a bad back and limited arm strength, so he's looking for a machine that has ample power, rides smooth, is easy to maneuver, and can tackle tough mountain trails. Do you think the Rincon fits the bill? What do you like/dislike about it?

I appreciate any input.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:55 AM

Default RE: Anyone know much about the Honda Rincon 650?

It was graded the best trail bike and took 1st and 2nd at the Baja 1000 a couple years ago. Would have taken 1-3 but the guy that would have taken third blew a tire and still finished fourth, he was that far ahead of the field. This bike was not designed for mud, or to haul anything. If you want that kind of bike performance get a Rubicon, Foreman, or a Rancher. It rides very well on trails and rough terrain but it is lacking in the low range tourque due to the gear ratio. If you want a bike to have a good time on this is it. If you want a bike that you can haul trailers, drag 300 pound deer out, rock climb or play in the mud, THIS BIKE IS NOT FOR YOU.

The best thing that I can say is have him ride it and see what he thinks. It is a Honda, and that says a lot.

"If you want to ride out, get a Honda. If you want to walk out, get something else."
Old 10-19-2006, 07:01 AM
Fork Horn

I have a 2005 Honda Rubicon. Very smooth ride and it goes thru everything. I love it. I also own a Honda Rancher AT. I would suspect this larger bike would handle the same way as my rubicon. It may be a little harder to handle since it is a larger and heavier ATV. You can't go wrong with the Hondas
Old 10-20-2006, 06:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: wyotimberghost Just thought I'd see if any of you have any experience with the Honda Rincon 650. The old man is looking into getting a used 2003, but I don't know anything about them because the only Hondas I ride are the Foreman 450's. He has a bad back and limited arm strength, so he's looking for a machine that has ample power, rides smooth, is easy to maneuver, and can tackle tough mountain trails. Do you think the Rincon fits the bill? What do you like/dislike about it?

I appreciate any input.
Due to his back and arms I think it would be ridiculous not to look at (if not settle on!) the new Yamaha Grizzly 700 with POWER STEERING. I can't think of anything it really wouldn't be up to doing. Even has a front locker. If he's going to be tackling tough mountain trails the power steering is really going to help his back & arms ALOT! Nothing increases the steering effort required more than loading up the front rack - believe me. And this is where the power steering really shines. So much I'm told that the rider doesn't have any increase in steering effort at all.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Novembers Field & Stream named the Grizzly 700 as their "Best of the Best" ATV, calling the Grizzly's ride "the finest ride we've tested". It was put up against the 2006 Polaris Sportsman 500 Browning Edition ($8,500!), the 2007 Honda FourTrax Rincon 680 ($7,850), the 2007 Can-Am Outlander 650 HO EFI ($8,750 & a beast!), the 2007 Kawasaki Brute Force 650 ($7,100) and (who knows why) the 2007 Suzuki 450 King Quad ($6,500).

This was after the testing done by F&S deputy editor Jay Cassell and Quad magazine's editor John Howell.

They were "tested in terrain that included the muddy hills of Quebec, the Catskills, the Ozarks and the California desert. They had to climb obstacles larger than their ground clearence, swim mudholes up to their tanks, haul loads of gear and wood, and show their abilities in high speed turns."

You can read all about it, and other ATVs at www.fieldandstream.com .
Old 10-21-2006, 10:59 PM
Fork Horn

Well, I have a good amount of experience with utility ATV's. The honda Rincon is a very good bike. If you want to win a drag race, pull contest or mud bog, it is not the one you want. But, if you want one of the top two riding utilityquads out there with IRS and ease of use, then it is for you. I like the ride and handling of the Rincon and the power is pretty good, although it is only about 39hp at the crank. But again, it is not made for a pulling contest or drag strip. If you used the ESP mode and 1st gear, you can pull pretty much what you need for deer camp work. The only things I would like to see honda do to the Rincon is bump up the power, which they did for 2007 from 650cc to 675cc with EFI. Then they need to add a front differential locker for those deep muddy situations. But if you don't go through deep mud bogs, then it works ok. Last they need to add a low range which will help for work and pulling.

But, the bottom line is the Rincon is a very good ATV. My aunt has one and I have ridden it and it rides great and very confortable.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:47 AM

I am going to second the Grizz. Not saying anything wrong with the Honda they are great bikes. I have had mine for four years with no trouble.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

The Rincon is certainly not a great choice for a working quad,but it is a great trail riding machine.The ride is smooth and the handling is very precise.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

It may be a little harder to handle since it is a larger and heavier ATV. You can't go wrong with the Hondas
You couldn'r be more wrong.I own a Rubicon myself as it makes a much better machine for towing and hauling heavy loads.However the Rincon rides smoother and handles better making it a much better trail riding machine.
Old 05-29-2015, 07:39 PM
Spike

Honda Rincon 650 is the best atv I can find on the market for the price and the smooth ride it is big enough but not to small.