Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Sling Stix or Regular Sling...??? >

Sling Stix or Regular Sling...???

Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Sling Stix or Regular Sling...???

Old 11-10-2007, 03:47 PM

Default Sling Stix or Regular Sling...???

Hey everyone, I just bought a new rifle and in the process of setting it up I was wondering if the sling stix advertised on all the hunting shows were really worth the hype....I read a bunch of reviews on the Cabelas website and they were pretty much 50/50. Any advise on the sling stix or the best sling for my new rifle would be appreciated.....Thanks as always!!!!!
Old 11-10-2007, 04:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sling Stix or Regular Sling...???

I'd definately advise a good leather sling. As far as sling stix, I'd think they'd be in the way as much as they'd be useful.For a tree stand, shooting prone ora quickoffhand shot, I don't think they'd be much use. One more thing to get hooked on brush going through the woods. I'm a big user of shooting sticks, but they have their place.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:31 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Sling Stix or Regular Sling...???

Well, IMHO the best sling out there is the TIS(Tactical Intervention Specialties) Quick Cuff Sling. It is a nice wide nylon sling with a cuff worn on your arm. It makes you amazingly steady in all positions.

As for steady stix, I don't use them, but my dad swears my them. I use the monopod and really like it's steadiness when used with the sling in higher positions.

The tall bipods and tripods are great, but really take an extra person to deploythem.