Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

tree lounge tree stand

Old 01-18-2008, 02:07 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: tree lounge tree stand

Rifleman, I don't recall seeing any posts by you on this thread concerning the topic? I take it your just looking to slip in and throw down a little insult without contributing to the tread. Well done dude. [&:]

No it's not spam. I will gladly give an honest account of any gear I own if asked. If the gear works well and does the job it's intended to do then I'll of course give applause. If something doesn't work or has limitations to it's usefullness I would be just as happy to point out it's weaknesses. That way fellow hunters can make educated decisions about how to spend their hard earned money. I appreciate honest information about things I'm looking to buy, I'm sure others do too.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:43 PM

I had a Tree Lounge tree stand and I can tell you that it is ok if you have a tree that goes straight up and has no branches on it the whole way up.

But in Pennsylvania, that is rare.

Not to mention - it gets cold in Pennsylvania and being high up in a tree with no protection gets very cold. It's like sitting in a refridgerator.
Old 01-18-2008, 04:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

tree lounge is not stand to use in pa. as trees limbs are low.
law says you cant cut off limbs..
i tested the tree lounge at about 12 ft,deer and hunters picked me right out.
thats about as high as you can go without taking off limbs..

the summit stand i tested,hunters or deer did not see me at 12 ft..

lounge sticks out to far from tree..

now, if you can get up high, its a great stand..

Old 01-20-2008, 11:18 AM
Fork Horn

I have the original tree lounge and a Summit goliath. I didnt feel safe on the bow platform of tree lounge and without it, its hard to move around bow hunting in my opinion. Its a great stand if you want to sit and look one way. But with my summit i can shoot in front or behind me with little effort or noise. I like the tree lounge just for gun hunting......
Old 01-20-2008, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had a Tree Lounge tree stand and I can tell you that it is ok if you have a tree that goes straight up and has no branches on it the whole way up.

that is way too broad of a statement. although i havent hunted every part of the state where ive used the tree lounge in the poconos-sproul -elk mountain areas finding a tree with little taper and little to no branches was way easier than in my home state .
Old 01-20-2008, 11:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

i have tried just about every stand at our camp in last 15 years ,we have 19 members..

so, i got a chance to try them all.

of all stands i tried and ones i use now, the ladder stand from PICKS,is one i use..
they were 49 dollars each ..

i put 2 out in archery, 1 for morning stand and 1 for evening..
if big buck is out foxing sproule, i use my TREESUIT to get real personel with him.

my next choice would be a LOCK-ON STAND,BIGGEST YOU CAN GET,ladder tree steps,not those ones that strap on to tree,they are accident waiting to happen...

but tree lounge is fine stand,,it is no doubt the most comfortable,just it sticks out TO FAR from tree for my liking,but at 30 ft, hey go for it.........
Old 01-20-2008, 12:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: liquidorange

that is way too broad of a statement. although i havent hunted every part of the state where ive used the tree lounge in the poconos-sproul -elk mountain areas finding a tree with little taper and little to no branches was way easier than in my home state .
liquid,problem with ALL climbing stands, you have to find a perfect tree.
in rifle season, no problem, you can get 150 yds away from path you think that buck will come by and still get him..

in ARCHERY, thats a different thing..
i was out this year, the big buck i got on stateforestlandwould only use a little 20 yd area to come and go..

i had hard time even finding a tree to put my LADDER STAND against and still be within 30 yds max of him,20 is my range with a recuve with cedar arrows...

every tree was bent or not big enough or had LOW LIMBS that you cant legally cut off..

so, i had to use my LADDER STANDto get up 12 ft,then i took my lock -on stand and placed it around limbs at 15 ft..

more cover in archery in tree is better, the more i can stay LOW not high in air..

if not for using those 2 stands, i would not be getting those big buck i am in WMU2G on stateforerstland..

its way different hunting on privateland ,you can do things a lot different as bucks are not as WILD as they are on publicland..

old buck , 4 yrs old on publicland did not get that way being not stleathy..

so, you have to get close and its hard to find a tree..

this is why i use my TREESUIT only in archery,if buck changes and i cant move my ladder stand ..

i leave my ladder stand up and dont move them, use the TREESUIT , if necessary....