HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - tree lounge tree stand
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2008, 12:03 PM
sproulman
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: tree lounge tree stand

ORIGINAL: liquidorange

I had a Tree Lounge tree stand and I can tell you that it is ok if you have a tree that goes straight up and has no branches on it the whole way up.

But in Pennsylvania, that is rare.
that is way too broad of a statement. although i havent hunted every part of the state where ive used the tree lounge in the poconos-sproul -elk mountain areas finding a tree with little taper and little to no branches was way easier than in my home state .
liquid,problem with ALL climbing stands, you have to find a perfect tree.
in rifle season, no problem, you can get 150 yds away from path you think that buck will come by and still get him..

in ARCHERY, thats a different thing..
i was out this year, the big buck i got on stateforestlandwould only use a little 20 yd area to come and go..

i had hard time even finding a tree to put my LADDER STAND against and still be within 30 yds max of him,20 is my range with a recuve with cedar arrows...

every tree was bent or not big enough or had LOW LIMBS that you cant legally cut off..

so, i had to use my LADDER STANDto get up 12 ft,then i took my lock -on stand and placed it around limbs at 15 ft..

more cover in archery in tree is better, the more i can stay LOW not high in air..

if not for using those 2 stands, i would not be getting those big buck i am in WMU2G on stateforerstland..

its way different hunting on privateland ,you can do things a lot different as bucks are not as WILD as they are on publicland..

old buck , 4 yrs old on publicland did not get that way being not stleathy..

so, you have to get close and its hard to find a tree..

this is why i use my TREESUIT only in archery,if buck changes and i cant move my ladder stand ..

i leave my ladder stand up and dont move them, use the TREESUIT , if necessary....