Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

tree lounge tree stand

Old 12-25-2007, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: tree lounge tree stand

um, my Goliath SS is as comfortable to me as my TL. also i can stand up to piss out of my Goliath unlike my TL. i'm thinking i would have been more satisfied with my TL if i would have bought the larger one (the one made for people over 6'2"). i am 6'2" on the mark and i felt a little cramped in the regular one.

i like the TL BUT it has become my 2nd choice to my Goliath. now when i take friends hunt'n ilend them theTL and i use my Goliath.
Old 12-25-2007, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

also i can stand up to piss out of my Goliath unlike my TL. i'm thinking i would have been more satisfied with my TL if i would have bought the larger one
i flood the woods all day long from the archery platform on my tree lounge. im 6 foot tall 270 lbs. i was wondering about the longer model for even more comfort myself. it just says that there isint one perfect stand for all.
Old 12-25-2007, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: liquidorange

also i can stand up to piss out of my Goliath unlike my TL. i'm thinking i would have been more satisfied with my TL if i would have bought the larger one
i flood the woods all day long from the archery platform on my tree lounge. im 6 foot tall 270 lbs. i was wondering about the longer model for even more comfort myself. it just says that there isint one perfect stand for all.

i never bought the archery adapter for mine. i kinda got away from archery hunt'n since i bought the TL. don't take me the wrong way, the TL is comfortable BUT so is my Goliath!
Old 12-26-2007, 10:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

hey camo in all fairness never tried the goliath, anddon't own a TL but have used a few, like liquid mentioned idon't think there is a single climber that fits every situation, and what is comfortable for one may not be comfortable to all due to size of the person, injuries that a person has (i have a messed up back),the way one sits in a particular climber, or the weight of the climber itself

but i got to admit this picture looks pretty comfortable and summit has a lot of things i really like, like the ease of adjusting climber angle on the newer climbers and like imentioned i still use my SOP device. but i have used a viper and i really didn't like it as well as my ol'man but i will try a goliath and give a fair report, like i mentioned they are still (i think) made close by and i would really rather support a business that employs US workers and our local economy, from what i understand the current version of Ol'man is made across the pond[:@]

Old 12-26-2007, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

i've always heard good things about the Ol' man stands but i have never had the privledge to try one out. my climbing stand experience is limited to most Warren & Sweats (when they were American made), API Predator, TL and Summit Goliath SS. the only stands i currently own are the TL and Summit (i also own a couple ladder stands but i don't count them).
Old 01-09-2008, 05:56 PM

Love my TL but heavy and bucky for my vey hilly terrian where can be a problem. I bought a viper to carry in and out for change in location. Leave my TL up all season best sitting stand ever but the viper does come close.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:56 AM

We have had several of them. There a pretty good stand, but for me its hard to bowhunt out of. For gun hunting its great, very comftorable.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:36 AM
Typical Buck

I love my Tree Lounge! This christmas my wife got me the shooting rail and blind for Christmas. Once you add on all the acessories yea it's heavy. BUT! That's just the thing. Your adding on accessories. The stand itself is not much heavier than any other out there. I think it weighs in at around 20lbs. If you fix it up a bit you can get in and out without any noise whatsoever. By fix up I mean put electrical tape on the parts of screws that just push through or use a ratchet strap to hold it for carrying. Nothing major. As for comfort...hell I've climbed almost 50' up without worrying about falling out. Sit alllllllll day. Peak Rut day this year I was in my stand for over 8 hours. Killed 2 bucks that day. One in the morning one that evening. Neither had any idea I was there sitting 35' above them munching on some crackers. With the lounge you can get up there so you dont have to worry about smell or sight. JUST HUNT. Like my buddy said "You can have my gun before you can have my tree lounge. I can't sleep in my gun but I can get a goooooooood rest in the lounge."
Old 01-16-2008, 05:59 PM

Do you serve cheese with your spam?
Old 01-17-2008, 06:47 AM

ORIGINAL: The Rifleman

Do you serve cheese with your spam?
lol

Quick Reply: tree lounge tree stand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.