Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Code Blue, Border Crossing, Tinks??? >

Code Blue, Border Crossing, Tinks???

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Code Blue, Border Crossing, Tinks???

Old 10-08-2007, 03:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Code Blue, Border Crossing, Tinks???

I have never tried Cold Blue, or Border Crossing, but have tried Tink's and tink's never worked well for me. I like to use Cronks brand of scents up here and have had some success... Good Luck to you and your hunting!
Old 10-08-2007, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Does the Buck Jam have any food product in it? We're not allowed to bait where I live. But can use BuckSnort and products without actual food products the deer are intended to eat. The BuckSnort is safe if they eat it, but does not contain any real food products. Just scent and gel.I will have to check it out.

chris
Old 10-08-2007, 07:06 PM

I've seen the BuckJam in Apple flavor, Acorn, and a few other "flavors", but Walmart only seems to carry Apple flavor, which is odd because there aren't too many apple trees in Ga. I ran across a display at a local sporting goods store and remembered the other "Flavors" from there, but I didn't buy any because I had never heard of it before reading posts here (huntingnet) so I never thought to try it.

I don't know the legality of it elsewhere, but I don't think it is considered "bait" in GA because it soaks into the ground after a day or two. It comes out of the jug like snot however... so, if you were to try it, you may want to put it out and let it soak in for a few days and make sure there it is all soaked in before hunting over it. I talked with the local game warden and he said that if there is none left visible on the ground, then it's no longer considered bait here (same with salt blocks, etc.)

Cheers!
MadOtis
Old 10-16-2007, 09:16 AM
Spike

Anybody else see the show on the Outdoor Channel promoting the Border Crossing scents? It seemed he was putting down the others because they sit on the shelf too long. And what aboutdoe pee in a deodorant stick??
Old 10-16-2007, 01:56 PM
Dominant Buck

If I'm doctoring a scrape any pee will do, for scent trails I prefer single source pee. It depends on the intended use.
Old 10-21-2007, 04:09 PM

Guys, I have another post about deer dirt from Lamoreux brothers... I had never heard of it or used it until this year. Go to Scentedsoils.com to check it out. The thing that impressed me was how long it lasted and therefor keeps you from having to buy more and more pee. The other was he has a double guarantee! Ill send a pic after this weeks bowhunting and let you know how well it works or not.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:45 PM
Fork Horn

I have personal experience with CodeBlue's Standing Estrous. I shelled out the extra money last year to give it a try. During the height of the rut, I placed the Standing Estrous in some of Tink's Scent Bombs (seen below).

I hung the scent bomb about 4-5 feet above the ground and then proceeded on to my treestand. At the base of the treestand, I squirted some of that cheap Walmart Estrous Scent (Wildlife Research Center) to use as a cover scent. A couple of hours later I had a small 8 point walk right past the Scent Bomb with the Standing Estrous. The buck didn't even look in its direction. The buck then made a beeline for the cheap stuff right below me.

Trust me. The Code Blue Standing Estrous is NOT worth the extra money.

Old 10-24-2007, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

lol.... I got some of that cheap stuff the other day. I also have some decent stuff, (can't remember the name), that really stinks!!! Wow!!! That Walmart stuff doesn't really even smell all that much. But I was running out of the other and didn't have much cash on me. Prolly wasting it before this week. Hey, maybe it works... like you were pointing out...sometimes more ($$) isn't always better. Good luck out there!

chris
Old 10-25-2007, 10:44 AM
Spike

Guys ....Tinks has been around a long time ...I have used it in the past along with most of the brands out there even VS 1.

I have gravatated to FRESH deer urine now and the results have been unreal. I am currently using StoneyCreek's products. He ships fresh and also ships them with cold packs so it stays cold preserving the freshness. Check him out @

http://www.stonycreekwhitetails.com/index.php?cPath=18
Old 10-29-2007, 09:22 PM
Fork Horn

I've never had a buck show any interest in Tinks so I'm not much of an advocate of their scents. I've had good luck with Black Widow.

Quick Reply: Code Blue, Border Crossing, Tinks???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.