Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Code Blue, Border Crossing, Tinks??? >

Code Blue, Border Crossing, Tinks???

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Code Blue, Border Crossing, Tinks???

Old 09-29-2007, 11:02 AM
Spike

Default Code Blue, Border Crossing, Tinks???

I would like to hear your opinions on attractant (sex) scents. Do they really work? What would you reccomend? Is the Code Blue worth the price? How long do they last on the shelf at Wally world? Anything you want to add would be great!!
Old 09-29-2007, 05:19 PM

Default RE: Code Blue, Border Crossing, Tinks???

Try the tinks Doe-in-Rut. It works really well.. I've always wantedto try code blue but I havent felt like paying 13 bucks for an ounce yet but maybe one day
Old 09-29-2007, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

man..that Code Blue Standing Estorus is 36.99 at our Proshop....and guess what...they might sell 4 bottles of it.I'ld like to try it but I doubt I do this year...I agree with Roach on the Tinks!!
Old 09-30-2007, 05:29 PM
Spike

I've used Tinks 69 for many years now but was wondering about the other products out there. Are they hype or do they really work? Is there a shelf life to the Tinks? Meaning if the local Wally World doesn't sell it and puts it out the following year will it still be as good.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well... Tractor Supply Company gets in FRESH every year! the cheap Wildlife Research Center stuff is that great!
Old 10-02-2007, 08:47 PM

Spent $35 on the standing estrous (code blue) last year. Couldn't tell ANY difference between it and the $7 Tinks or anything else. Gonna try HS this year.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:58 PM

Try James Valley Scents.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:31 PM

I picked up a tube of something called "Hot doe gel" once at BassPro... green and white tube... can't remember the name of the company that made it, but, that stuff was the next best thing since sliced bread. I put out about a one inch ribbon on a leaf about 4' off the ground and had two bucks come up sniffing at it within an hour of sitting down (of course, I killed the biggest one). I somehow lost the tube and I've never seen it at BassPro since then, so if anyone knows of who makes it or sees it in a store, please post here so I can get more!

Aside from that, I've tried the Code Blue gel and Tinks #69 and both work about the same down here in the south.

I personally believe that no matter what scent you use, it all depends on traffic of the deer within the range of the scent and less on how much you spend on it.

Cheers!
MadOtis
Old 10-06-2007, 07:05 PM

MadOtis,, I think the gel your talking about was some Myles Keller Hot Doe Gel, and the time I tried it it did work well for me too, but Im pretty sure they dont make it anymore, too bad. I usually use the Tinks #69, and it seems to work OK, but I would like to know if the Code Blue works better,, but $35 is a lot to spend to try it out.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:23 PM

Angus74, Yes, Myles Keller does indeed sound like the name I remember. They don't make it any more? That is indeed a shame. The Code Blue I tried was around $13-$14 at Walmart, so, I doubt it was the good stuff; either that or Walmart had it mis-priced. Either way, it didn't work as well as the Hot Doe Gel. So, now I just use the old faithful: Tinks #69. I have a small bottle of a gel that Tinks puts out that I am going to try this season once rut starts up... I'll follow-up either way.

Cheers!
MadOtis

Quick Reply: Code Blue, Border Crossing, Tinks???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.