Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Great Deal on Binoculars

Old 04-01-2006, 09:01 PM

Default Great Deal on Binoculars

I just got a new Sportsman's guide catologue. They are having a great sale on the recently discontinued Redfield Aurora roof prism binoculars (www.sportsmansguide.com). They have the 10x50 for 189.99 or 169.99 if you are a club member. The 12x50 is 199.99 and 179.99 for members. These binos list prices are $480.00 nand $500.00 respectively. I have read good reviews on these in ourdoor life and I think these reviews are still on the outdoorlife website. These binos are fully multi-coated and have phase coatings on the bak4 prisms. They are rubber aroured and waterproof. I found them a bit clunky and not really very elegant looking but they are really bright and clear.
If i didn't have 7 sets of binos already, I would get a pair. I may anyway. I have a weakness for a good inexpensive japanese bino
okcmco
Old 04-02-2006, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Great Deal on Binoculars

i would never trust a blow out sale like that. ive seen that sportsmans catalog. it looks like factory seconds to me. i wouldnt want someone elses returned crap.
Old 04-03-2006, 05:38 AM
Typical Buck

I question sales like this also. But thanks for the info.
Old 04-09-2006, 07:02 PM

Whenever a company discontinues or "improves a product, then these improved models take precedence over the older model. If a new series of optic is improved over the old, then the company has to find a way to clear the old models so that they don't interfere with the sales push of the new one. That is exactly what sportsmans guide does. They buy large lots of gear from the manufacturers in these situations. And I have dealt with sportsmans guide for 5 years. If they say the item is brand new and covered by the manufacturers warranty, then it is so. Besides, when do you actually buy an optic from redifield or Leupold? You buy it from Cabela's, Gander Mountain, or such. Anyway I am going to get a pair as a spare in case my optolyths need repair. they will come in handy when one of my hunting buddies forgets his binos or in case of accidental damage.
Thanks
mco