Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

lets see your boots

Old 01-21-2006, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: lets see your boots

Check out the rubber knee high boots by LaCrosse.
Old 01-25-2006, 05:57 AM
Typical Buck

I have a pair of Rocky 1000 Thinsulate that I'm in my 3rd season of wear with. I'm tough on them and they have been just fine for me. I'll walk in water or snow up to just below the top and have never had a leak.
I also have a pair of "Bone Dry" from BPS that I use when it's warmer. 3rd season for them as well and they just sprung a leak this month.

Old 01-25-2006, 10:49 AM
Typical Buck

Danners are the way to go..I have a set of Pronghorns and they're great.."Hey Ifly, whats up w/the camo wrestling shoes"?...
Old 01-29-2006, 01:30 PM

I havea pair of Danner Canadians (insulated) and a pair of Danner Frontiers. (uninsulated)I looking to get a pair of Schneespac boots this year after having two feet of snow during elk season!
Old 02-01-2006, 07:14 AM

I have several pair hunting boots,it depends on what type of hunting and the weather for which ones that I wear that day. I have a few pair ofrockies also that are several years old, and I take and spray them with breathable water proofer every few months, and my feet have never got wet.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:40 AM

I use (1) Danner Elk Hunters (Mountain Hunting $250) (2) Lacrosse Burly 1000gr (Marshy Bottomlands $100)
(3) Lacrosse pft 1200 (snow conditions $150) (4) Irish Setter Uplanders600gr (Field walking for birds $150)

$650 total and I have 5 years on each pair. The Shnees Mountain Pack Boot is a great looking boot that I'm sure will be my next pair. For anything around water buy Lacrosse and thing else buy Danner. IMO I spend 250 days a year in the field, this is about as much testing as one can get. Socks are another very important thing when it comes to foot wear. Wear silk liners and wool socks and you will never have any foot problems.

Taking good care of you expensive boot is need to. I use mink oil and coon fat from my trapped coons on all leather. The coon fat being the best waterproofing goo I've ever used. I have a pair of leather work gloves that I line with silk and wool, and they are tough, waterproof and have lasted many a hard season.

Old 02-07-2006, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Check Schnees out of Bozeman Montana. Very comfy and well made.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:37 PM

hey wild_outdoorsman. wearing silkliners and wool socks keep your feet from sweating? because I wear lacrosse 800gr with cotton socks in any type of weather and my feet sweat to death..

btw, lacrosse is a very comfortable boot..
Old 02-10-2006, 07:56 AM

ORIGINAL: RAD_Crazy_K

hey wild_outdoorsman. wearing silkliners and wool socks keep your feet from sweating? because I wear lacrosse 800gr with cotton socks in any type of weather and my feet sweat to death..

btw, lacrosse is a very comfortable boot..
No, the silk liners and wool socks won't keep your feet from sweating. What they will do is transfer the moisture from next to your skin outwards, so that your socks remain dry. This also has the side benefit of keeping them warm in cool weather, as the socks maintain their air pockets to keep an insulating effect. Unfortunately rubber boots are not breathable and the moisture has no place to go. You might consider getting a pair of uninsulated boots if your feet are still getting too hot and sweating. If scent control is less of an issue for you, and you don't hunt swamps a lot, you might consider a different type of boot with some cordura and goretex. The cordura will help the boot breathe, and your feet will still remain dry due to the goretex.
Old 02-18-2006, 10:13 AM

I use sorels, handcrafted leather uppers and rubber lowers for going on 15 years.I do allot of still hunting through all sorts of conditions during rifle season and tree climbing in bow season.I coat them with beeswax and cinch strap my pants over them, this allows me to cross streams up to my thighs as long as your pants are up to it. Their good to 40- and I'm from Canada so you know sitting in a tree stand with no movementis a true test.

Quick Reply: lets see your boots

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.