Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

lets see your boots

Old 01-18-2006, 05:31 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: lets see your boots

Chippewa 25107
Men's 17" Pull-On Snake Boot
Chip-a-Tex Waterproof Membrane
Advantage Camo and Leather Upper
Ruby Nylex Lining
Removable Orthotic Insole
Vibram Sole for Traction, Toughness, and Flexibility
Chippewa 25107 -- $179.00
Old 01-18-2006, 07:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

My Rocky Bear Claws started weeping in the second season of use, the next year the stitching started to let loose. I had them repaired then unloaded them to someone I never cared much for!!! They were also extremely heavy in comparison. So needless to say I was less than impressed with Rocky.

Each their own but the price I paid for the BC's in no way they held a candle to Danners IME. (for that matter even the affordable Irish Setters)
Old 01-19-2006, 11:56 PM

somebody said ll bean boots, i have been looking at these for some time, are they waterproof?

[/align]
Old 01-20-2006, 04:43 PM

Out of many past boots Danners have lasted me the longest. I have a pair of Danner Lightweights that are a bit under 3# and have unbelievable support. I've worn them to hell and back and almost can't believe they are still holding together. Only complaint is that the Vibram sole on those is very stiff and loud in the woods. Wish they made an airbob in a lighter weight boot that still has support. Or maybe they do?? Danner Pronghorns are light and look very supportive but I didn't buy a pair because of the sole design.

Anyone recommend a lighter weight Danner that is supportive and quiet?
Old 01-20-2006, 06:24 PM
Fork Horn

L.L. Bean Maine hunting shoe is a rubber bottom pac boot with leather uppers, I have always used the 16" high boot. You can also buy insulated insoles for them and also buy an extra set of laces (they are really long) and the new laces have plastic ends that pull off easily. If that happens re-thread the lace, pull farther down the lace and burn end of lace with a lighter. When you are shopping for these things you have to look for Maine hunting shoe- not boots or pacs. These boots are re-buildable and will last many years.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Anyone recommend a lighter weight Danner that is supportive and quiet?
Bullkllr, Danner have anumber of boots with the air bob sole. I have this in my newest pait of Canadians and best sole I have used thus far.

I am not sure what your looking for boot make up (insulation, material, height, etc). But the following Danner's usethe air bob sole. Info isfrom the 05 hunting catalogue;
Grouse (uninsulated),Raptor & Seirra (200 grams), Hawk &Santiam (400 grams), Trophy & Canadian (600 grams).

They weigh anywhere from 3.75lbs to5lbs, though!
Old 01-20-2006, 09:59 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Oneshot7

he just got a lemon pair of rockys mine have never leaked and they are very comfortable
Make that 2 lemon pairs
Old 01-20-2006, 10:47 PM
Fork Horn

I have the Danner Pronghorns with 800 grams Thinsulate, Rocky 1200 gram Thinsulate, and LaCrosse Alpna Burly (no insulation).

All good boots depending on the weater. I would recommend any of them.
Old 01-21-2006, 03:18 AM

Old 01-21-2006, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I purchased a pair of the danner canadiens last year,and I am very pleased with them.Very comfortable,great traction with the air bob sole.If you look hard for sales you may be able to get them in the $230 to $240 range.

Quick Reply: lets see your boots

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.