Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

CLIMBING STANDS

Old 01-25-2006, 05:49 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: CLIMBING STANDS

Sideways--
Howdy neighbor, I'm right down the road in Lexington Park. If you really want a look at the stand, we could probably get together sometime before you order it and you could see mine.
Anyway, I have bow hunted and will also gun hunt out of it. I used it again last night and am very pleased with the way it works. I will say that it's probably not the stand for an all-day hunt, but for up to 4 hours it's fine. The reason I say not all day is because the seat is a bench style seat that you have to sit upright on...sort of like a bar stool, which can get hard on the back. My API has a seat that sort of "absorbs" you...sits like a recliner which I have stayed in for up to 10 hours at a time...nap included.
I'm leaving for San Diego on Saturday and will be gone for a week. If you get this in time and want to see the stand before, e-mail me at [email protected]
Shipping was $15.00 I think and it arrived the day after I ordered it.
Craig
Old 01-25-2006, 10:44 AM
Typical Buck

Summit is the way to go.....comfortable & reliable..
Old 01-25-2006, 07:16 PM
Typical Buck

NavyDeerHunter, you are right down the road. I was down your way this morning at Two Guys Auto Body looking at a couple of cars.
I would appreciate your letting me come down to take a look at the stand. I can't make it before Saturday, but if you would PM me when you get back we can set something up then.
I hear you about the seat, I currently have a Summit Viper that the seat is pretty comfortable, I might have to see what it would take to switch the seats. [8D]

Old 01-27-2006, 09:59 AM
Typical Buck

Summit is A way to go. There are many stands that are comfortable and reliable. My API is both as is my Equalizer. Depends on your wants and needs for that particular stand. Just like a gun or bow, depends on how a certain one "fits" you.
Good Luck,
Craig
Old 01-27-2006, 08:12 PM
Dominant Buck

I love my Back packer Summit

Old 01-28-2006, 05:53 PM
Fork Horn

go with a summit Viper or backpacker.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:28 AM
Fork Horn

I heard that the Lone Wolf is suppose to be an excellant stand.
The Sit and Climb is only 17lbs. and packs down to a thickness of 2.75 inches. It is also rated up to 350lbs. The down side is that there a little pricey ($330.00). I'm saving my $$$ for one. I hunt out of an Summit Saber, which is about 20 years old. I'm pretty sure they dont even build that stand anymore. The old summit is going to get retired,it served it purpose and is showing some stress on its parts. I dont want to end up hanging out of my tree. if you know what I mean.
You can go on "lonewolfstands.com" to take a look.

Old 02-06-2006, 05:13 AM
Host of Hosts

The only climber I've ever used/own is a Summit Viper, so I can't comment on anything else. I really like the viper, but I'm also going to buy the new Equalizer stand.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:51 AM
Fork Horn

I have been using an Ole Man for about 6 years and it has been great. The seat is stretching a little now but that is probably because I have been getting bigger. I found out recently that they are no longer in business so you cannot get a new one. I do not know where I will go from here when this one wears out. Good luck
Old 02-19-2006, 10:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'll have to say that the Summit Viper is an awsome treestand ,I had heard so much about them that I had to buy one .I'm so glad I did ,because this stand is soooo comfortable you could have a nap in it without worrying about falling out .

nubo

Quick Reply: CLIMBING STANDS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.