Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Honda Rancher ES

Old 10-13-2002, 07:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default Honda Rancher ES

WHat do you think about the rancher ES?
Old 11-09-2002, 05:23 AM

Default RE: Honda Rancher ES

Hi,
Our company just bought a 2003 Rancher ES. I like it better than the Honda Fourtrax 300 as it seems to be more stable and definately has more power. I am a big guy and with the 300 I really had to be careful when traversing steep slopes as the front end wants to come up and I really have to gun it to make it up the slope. With the Rancher ES, it seems that with the increase in power, I now can just crawl up the steep slopes easier. The electronic shifting took some getting used to, but I like it more each time I use it. We use the heck out of our ATV's so it doesn't take long to work out the bugs. We definately are sold on Hondas as they just go and go with just basic preventive maintenance. We are getting another Rancher ES after the first of the year. I hope this helps you out.
Old 11-09-2002, 12:16 PM

My friend has one and it is real nice. He's had it for a few months and it hasn't let him down.
Old 11-10-2002, 07:35 PM

I have been checking them out thoroughly. I want one real bad, I have a Polaris 400 and its a good atv but I've had Hondas before and they are hard to beat. Honda is coming out with a new Rancher for next year, it's a knock off of the Rincon 650 but in a 400 and has the same transmission as the Rincon and Rubicon. You can even get one with a built in GPS. I may wait and get the new 400.

Happiness is a large gut pile!