Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Honda Foreman Vs Rancher

Old 05-03-2007, 07:56 PM
Fork Horn

Default Honda Foreman Vs Rancher

Trying to decide. Any Advice ?
Old 05-03-2007, 09:35 PM

Default RE: Honda Foreman Vs Rancher

The Foreman 4x4 ES has an engine that is 55cc's larger, has 1 more inch of ground clearance, weighs 35 pounds more, and has the extra headlight pod. It also costs about $1K more. Performance wise, I don't think you'll notice that much of a difference between the machines. But personally, I like the looks of the Foreman more, and that extra bit of power and ground clearance sure can't hurt anything. If you're on a budget, though, that extra $1K might.

If it were me, I'd go test drive the two machines back to back to get a good idea of how they compare, then pick the one that had the features I was looking for.

Regardless of which machine you choose, you're going to end up with a winner.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:46 AM

I have the 07 420 Rancher. I looked at it and the Foreman when I bought it, and yes the Foreman has a little bigger motor, a little more power, and is a little heavier. But, The Rancher being lighter, a little smaller, and having fuel injection, feels snappier, quicker and more nimble. And since Honda has a rev limiter on their bikes to avoid overrevving the motor, they have pretty much the same top speed, if anyone cares about that, mine will do 54 mph, the exact same as my buddys 07 Foreman Rubicon. I like the looks of my Rancher, and love it every time I ride it.I would like the extra headlight, and I gained a little ground clearance with bigger tires.I got mine for $5099 out the door, its a 4x4, electric shift,and camo.

Old 05-04-2007, 09:11 AM
Fork Horn

I have the Rancher ES and it's been the best ATV in our camp for 6 years! It's just small enough tofit in the back of my truck (avalanche), I have never had any trouble with it. It has hauled two guys around our hilly camp without any problem.
Old 05-05-2007, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Have had both after shoulder problems went with the rancher can only
say that it is the best Ive ever had,its a 2006 model and is a two wheel
drive also,goes anywhere my partners four wheel drive goes and my
wife got me a winch for it and havent had to use it yet!Like we kid
each other Honda Rancher always in the woods never in the shop![8D]
Old 05-05-2007, 08:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

,its a 2006 model and is a two wheel
drive also,goes anywhere my partners four wheel drive goes and my
wife got me a winch for it and havent had to use it yet!
The rancher is an excellent quad,however if your 2 wheel drive goes anywhere that your partners 4 wheel drive will go,you aren't going in much mud,don't have muskeg in your area,and don't get deep snow.Where I live,we get plenty of snow,muskeg is common and two wheel drive quads are extremely rare,with most being small units designed for children or youths.There is a huge difference between the capabilities of 2 and 4 wheel drive quads when the going gets tough.
Old 05-05-2007, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have both! A 1998 Foreman 450 ES and a 2002 350 Rancher ES. Power wise the Foreman is great,as for handling I like the Rancher.much better! Either one, you can't go wrong,all I do is change oil and clean the air filter once a year...
Old 05-05-2007, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

At 69 years of age I get muddy with the rest of them,kind of stay out
of the real rough stuff,my riding partner is 72 years old we run with
the younger guys a lot,have had a Kawasaki 750 to much for this
old man enjoy what I do now,to each his own,there are a lot of people
around here that ride the smaller machines!
Old 05-13-2007, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

As the others have mentioned, it's going to be difficult to do better than the Rancher AT. Ours has been a very consistent work horse! In fact, yesterday I finished up our foodplots with it. I broadcast plant, drag/harrow and roller/cultipack all of our plots with the Honda. It's been a great reliable machine!

Old 05-13-2007, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Like the sign on the back of my partners machine says:Honda,always
in the woods,never in the shop!lol

Quick Reply: Honda Foreman Vs Rancher

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.