Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

arctic sheild colthing

Old 12-13-2005, 04:07 PM

Default arctic sheild colthing

I was wondering if it is really as good as it is advertised? Is it worth the money. I am looking for something to wear to help keep me warm when I sit in the yote blind all night.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:34 PM

Default RE: arctic sheild colthing

I have both the camp gloves and the boot blanket. They work to an extent. I gave them both a try and at 16degrees in a treestand my feet still got cold. The gloves were OK, but I use them with the handwarmers and footwarmers and they are great. I put a footwarmer in the toes of my boots underneath the boot blanket and on top of the outside of my shoes. They stayed toasty warm.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

The boot blankets are definately worth it. I put them on as soon as I get up in my stand. Just don't get too excited after the shot and walk around in them. The sticks under the snow will puncture them.[:'(]Nothing a little duct tape couldn't fix.

Craigster, I put them on BEFORE my feet get cold. 7 degrees, wind chill below zero and still nice and toasty. Maybe you need better boots, you have to start with something, they only add to the comfort.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:49 PM

Jersey, I put them on as soon as I got into my stand! I had on 600 gram Ultra Thinsulate Rocky boots. But, after using the blankets and the foot warmers I could feel the warm in the top of my boot. It felt like I had my feet near a kerosene heater.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:45 PM
Typical Buck

After using my arctic shield boot blankets heres what I found. You need to put them on before your feet get cold. If you do that they work great with my 1000gram rocky super brutes. When Im wearing my 400 grain Knee high rubber boots I need to put a big hand warmer in each one. If you wait till your feet get cold your SOL, youll need several hand warmers to rewarm your feet.
Old 12-18-2005, 01:47 PM

Has anyone tried the bibs or jacket? Do they still make a coverall/snowmobile suit?
Old 12-19-2005, 02:26 PM

Ibought thejacket afterexperiencinghow good the boot blankets work and would recommend both. The boot blankets are the only thing I have found that keep my feet from getting cold while sitting in the stand. As stated above they work the best ifput on before your feet get cold. Otherwise, you need tothrow in aheat packet.

The jacket is a little noisy, butI like the light weight and lack ofbulk. Throw a couple of heat packets in your shirt pockets and you are good to go. Also, it gets a little warm if you are walking much.
Old 12-28-2005, 08:29 AM
Fork Horn

I don't have the gloves or Boot blankets, but do haved the M2 Jacket & Bibs. If you have on the jacket & bibs you will have to unzip the jacket, it gets hot. I was in 20 degree weather with snow on the ground in Alberta & the Artic Shield kept me very warm. My Dad saw how good mine worked & bought him a set as well. I would hate to hunt cold weather with out the Artic Shield.
Old 01-01-2006, 09:53 AM

I personally like them. I bought both the bibs and the parka this year. While I get cold very easily. They did keep me warmer and on stand longer. When the temps were in the teens and wind chill hovering around zero I stayed home. Would have anyway. But with temps in the 20's and low wind I stayed fairly comfterable. I found mine at seirra trading post In the bargins bin. Both cost less than just the coat that way. Their sizes seem to be bigger than what you would normally find. Xl seems to be some bigger than 2x in others but like most cothing there does not seem to be a standard. If you feel that it is too big or small sierra will exchange without hassle. No I do not work for them.
Old 01-03-2006, 11:38 PM
Typical Buck

I've got the jacket & it ROCKS!!!