Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 6 Volt Battery with Stealth Cam >

6 Volt Battery with Stealth Cam

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

6 Volt Battery with Stealth Cam

Old 11-28-2005, 07:32 PM
Typical Buck

Default 6 Volt Battery with Stealth Cam

Hey guys, I just got the Stealth Cam STC-AD2, which is a 2.1 mp digital camera. It can run off of 8 D cell batteries or one 6 Volt battery. I just bought the hookup and a couple 6V batteries. I was wondering which chose usually lasts longer, the 6V or the 8 D cell? Thanks in advance.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 6 Volt Battery with Stealth Cam

Not sure which one will last longer, but I'd be willing to bet it's the 6V. You should be real happy with the setup.

Old 11-29-2005, 01:35 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the input.
I hope I am happy with it. This is my 3rd trail cam in about a year and a half. The first camera was a Stealth Cam 35mm camera, which I liked quite a bit, but the film developing was costing a fortune. So then I went digital and got the Bushnell VGA camera. At first I thought it was working great, but then when I had used it a little longer I noticed that sometimes I could walk by the camera and then walk up to it, and take the lock off and open the camera before it would even take a picture. I also noticed that it does not use the motion detector like stealth cam that looks like one of the motion sensor lights, but it uses a beam that is more like one of the ones that stops your garage doors from shutting on you. This is a huge disadvantage and really killed my number of photos. So anywho, I went back to the Stealth Cam brand name in order to get the larger motion detector, I just hope it pays off.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck, indeed with your Stealth. I have had nothing but trouble with mine (I have had a couple 1.3 mp and now have a 3.1 mp and they have all stunk). Like you said with your Bushnell - try walking up to your Stealth. I can start about 25 ft. away from mine (directly in front of it), walk slowly toward it, get to it , and then past it, before it takes a pic (if it takes one)!!!!! Well over 10 sec trigger time. I think for that kind of money, that is ridiculous. I am just waiting until after deer season to complain for the 3 or fourth time). I would really like to just get a refund so I can start fresh with a Cuddeback.

Oh, and to your question: I think the 6V will last longer (I have a 12V with mine and it will last about 3 weeks - wich is ok, but still should be longer, especially when the cam doesn't even take any pics!?!!?!)
Old 12-01-2005, 05:49 PM

this is a tough call.8 d'sequal 12 volts and if i remember right each d battery has 500 mill amps. this would give you a power supply of 12 volts at 4 amp hours. with the one six volt battery you will start with about 6 1/2 volts andright around5 amps hours.the camera will have a high and low voltage range in which it will operate. without testing i am guessing the camera will run in the range of about4 to 14 volts.being this is the case then you guys with the cameras that will run on 8 batteries [12 volts]can buy a 12 volt sealed battery . you could hook it to an old 12 volt car battery and get over a 100 amp hoursand run it all season. 12 volts are 12 volts the size of the battery does not make any differance as long as it is a 12 volt supply. the people selling you the batteriers would not like you to know this.