Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 CHIPPEWA WEDGE-LOC vs. LONE WOLF TREESTANDS >

CHIPPEWA WEDGE-LOC vs. LONE WOLF TREESTANDS

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

CHIPPEWA WEDGE-LOC vs. LONE WOLF TREESTANDS

Old 11-10-2005, 11:08 AM

Default CHIPPEWA WEDGE-LOC vs. LONE WOLF TREESTANDS

O.K. guys. Here I go again.......[:@]. Although I just asked a question about Api and Summit treestands, I've done some more research[&:] and am now considering either the Chippewa Wedge-Loc treestands or the Lone Wolf treestands. So which brand is better, in terms of lifetime reliability and comfort? They're both pretty expensive so I want as much feedback as possible. What's you're experience with either?

By the way thanks to the response to the Api and Summit questions.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: CHIPPEWA WEDGE-LOC vs. LONE WOLF TREESTANDS

experience is awsome with both. i own two lone wolfs, the alpha and the hand climber. no complaints. i have hunted with my outfitter for two years from wedgelocs. no complaints. the new wedge locks are lighter than the lone wolfs, but are only capable of dealing with tree lean forwards and back. the lone wofls offset bracket allows it to do just this and with two easy chinch (and i mean easy) staps is ulta-mega stable. truth is you cant go wrong with either. i don't know why any hardcore serious hunter would buy any treestand other than these two.
andy
Old 12-14-2008, 07:13 AM
Typical Buck

" i don't know why any hardcore serious hunter would buy any treestand other than these two.
"
I couldn't agree more cabage.I have two chippewa wedgelocs and love them,I am going to buy one more this winter @ the Illinois deer and turkey classic.I like how fast I can set my wedgelocs up and how easy they break down.I got my first one on ebay for cheap.When I get my third wedgeloc I'll probably sell my API baby grand, it is a comfy stand andd light but taKes longer to set up.
[align=right]
[/align]
Old 12-14-2008, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't forget to throw Millenium in there...they are an awesome stand too. All 3 have their place, each is a tad better in different situations. For the hunting I do...the Millenium is a much better fit than the chip or lw is.