Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Lone Wolf treestands >

Lone Wolf treestands

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lone Wolf treestands

Old 01-01-2006, 05:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default Lone Wolf treestands

Does anybody hunt out of a Lone Wolf tree climber? If so what do you think of them? How about the pro's and con's?
Thanks for any info.
Old 01-01-2006, 05:54 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Lone Wolf treestands

Con: seat not quite as comfy as some.
Pro: everything else!!!

Its quieter than most all others, packs flat, steel cables reinforced traction belt grips a tree better than cables, easy to pack, light and made in the U.S.A
Old 01-01-2006, 06:13 PM

I HAVE A SIT N CLIMB AND I LOVE IT. ITS NOT QUITE AS COMFORTABLE AS SOME OF THE OTHERS OUT THERE, BUT ITS COMFORTABLE ENOUGH. ESPECIALLY IFYOU HAVE A LONGHIKE TO YOUR STAND THIS IS THE WAY TO GO IT'S LIGHT AND COMPACT WHICH MAKES FOR A VERY EASY PACK EVEN IN THE THICK STUFF.
Old 01-02-2006, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

You guys using the new Sit & Climbs?
Old 01-02-2006, 04:57 PM
Fork Horn

Hello

Yes I hunt from a lone wolf sit & climb for about three years now. In my opinion its the best of five climbers I've had. Its lightweight, packs down and quiet. I've never noticed a problem with it not being comfortable, but then again I have stood in a tree stand from dawn to dusk, so comfort isn't high on my list of qualifications. Being QUIET is! My lone wolf was super quiet when I bought it, unlike the former big name brand climber I had before the lone wolf that creaked if you moved about on it. This year it developed a little creak, so I changed out all the nylon washers between the metal components at a cost of about $4. ( used new bolts and locking nuts as well) Perfectly quiet again. Basically for three years this is the only stand I've used and quite often.
I don't think anybody could go wrong buying a lone wolf climber, in my opinion.

Happy Hunting
Dan
Old 01-03-2006, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had a sit & climb but it was just too uncomfortable for me to use any length of time.IMO if Lone Wolf would make a "Super" Sit & Climb or a Sit& Climb "XL", I think they would have a winner!
Old 01-03-2006, 07:11 AM
Super Moderator

Todd, no I don't have the new seat w/backrest. But after adding a thick foam cushion to the old sling seat, it was much more comfy. I am sure the newer seat w/backrest is great. Even without the newer type seat, its the best climber going as far as I am concerned.
Old 01-03-2006, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, for any guys (under 300 lbs.), who haven't tried the new Seat on the Sit & Climb I would highly recommend doing so. It as just as comfortable as any of the other "sling style" climbers out there. I've sat in mine all day several times and it's as comfortable as it needs to be without making it bigger.

The reason Lone Wolf hasn't made the top section any wider is due to the packing size. If it's any wider, it will be several inches outside of the platform which will take away from the packability of the stand. That has and always be the heart and sole of Lone Wolf. Light, Mobile, and Quiet. If you are a really big guy, there are many other stands on the market that would probably be more comfortable. I'd recommend checking out a Summit, Non-Typical, etc.....
Old 01-03-2006, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have not tried the the new style seat so it may be an improvement. I still feel that Lone Wolf could make a stand that is a little bigger and more comfortable while still being packable. I'm sure they have researched this and maybe they have found there is not enough demand for this type of stand.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am 6'1 240#'s and I hunt out of a sit and climb and I LOVE it! As I have stated before, I have owned climbers made by Ol' Man, API, and Summit. Lone Wolf is, by far and away, the best I have hunted out of. It is dead quiet, easy to use, and very comfortable. The only modification I have made to mine is wrapping the bar with copper pipe insulation and duct tape. This made it more comfortable to climb with and to sit all day in. Give them a try, you won't be disappointed.

Quick Reply: Lone Wolf treestands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.