Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Lone Wolf Treestands

Old 11-16-2005, 04:22 PM

Default Lone Wolf Treestands

Guys, what do you think of the lone wolf treestands?Are they comfortable, durable, and if taken well care of, could they last a lifetime.Which model do have, and why do you like it? I've heard a lot of good reports about them. The only problem I've heard is that they aren't comfortable enough for an all day hunt. What's you're experience with them?
Old 11-16-2005, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Lone Wolf Treestands

First of all - I'm not sure if there is any stand short of a Tree Lounge that's truely comfortable during an all day hunt. In fact, I'm not even sure I could sit in my LA-Z-BOY all day and be comfortable. I might try once the hunting season is over though.

With that being said I have several Lone Wolf Alpha Hang-On stands and I absolutely love them. Yes, they cost more than a lot of stands out there but you honestly get what you pay for. The Lone Wolf stands are strong, light, and best of all SILENT. I have never heard as much as a peep out of my stands once they're on the tree, and that means a lot - especially on those really calm days. The versa-button system makes them a snap to put up, and combined with a set of Lone Wolf climbing sticks I can get up a tree in less than 10 minutes without much effort. It certainly beats screw-in steps and ridiculously heavy stands that are a pain in the butt to get latched to a tree.

For 2005 the seat has been completely redesigned and is 10x more comfortable to sit in. Although I have to say that my 2003/2004 stands really aren't all that bad. Personally I only sit for 1/2 hr - 1 hr at a time, then stand up for about the same amount of time. It keeps me a little bit looser, warmer, and more alert.

Everyone's got their own opinion on stands but mine is that the Lone Wolf is top notch. Personally I would never buy anything else. Oh, and they're made right here in the US of A - can't beat that!
Old 11-16-2005, 06:50 PM

I had (stolen out of my truck) a sit and climb and it was the best stand I have owned. They are so quiet and portable. The only problems I had was that sometimes the rubber band strap that you put around the tree was a little difficult to work with and get at the right angle. The seat was a little uncomfortable compared to others - it bit into your thighs. I bought an little inflatable seat like the ones that turkey hunters use and I usually sit 4-5 hours on my hunts and was comfortable.

I would have bought another, but I could not find any locally so I got a Summit instead which was 120 bucks cheaper.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:25 AM
Fork Horn

Hello
I have the hang on, had the hand climber, but upgraded to the sit-n-climb by buying just the top portion. Out of 5 climbers I've had, nothing else compares. Comfort wise, I have little problem standing on a wedge in a tree crotch for 11 hours, so comfort isn't even a thought to me.
The lone wolf is super quiet even in sub zero weather. However after three years my climber started to get a little creak once and a while when shifting positions. I went to the hardware store and bought new nylon washers, new bolts and locking nuts(About $3) and replaced the old ones. Once again not a peep out of the stand. It amazes me its this quiet since I had another well known brand before this and it creaked every time I moved.
Yes, I think these stands could last a lifetime.

Dan
Old 11-17-2005, 01:28 PM

The Lone Wolfs are AWSOME!!!!! I own the Lone Wolf climber and the Lone Wolf hang on. They are both super super quite. I also have the climbing sticks to go with the hang on. You will not be disipointed with the purchase of a Lone Wolf treestand.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:34 PM

How fast are the climbing sticks and hang-on compared to the climber? Are 3 sticks enough or are 4 better...also does the sticks and hang-on wieght more than the climber?
Old 11-17-2005, 06:36 PM
Typical Buck

I have the hang on and 4 sticks. Most of the time 3 sticks will get you plenty high. These stands are not cheap but worth it. I hunt public land alot and I have a great system to get me around. I use the hang-on with the sticks and strap the stand/sticks to my pack. I have been using the Cabelas bow/rifle pack for the past 2 years and postion the stand where the bow goes and strap it in. I can carry my bow and shoot if need be while im headed in. The cabelas pack has been sent back due to a bad zipper and I bought a badlands 2000 pack for its replacement.

You will love the Lonewolf.

Don
Old 11-18-2005, 01:38 PM

I have the Alpha hang on and four sticks. The sticks are rock solid on the tree and the stand doesn't make a peep when your in it. The fact you can fold the seat back to stand is a plus. My only complaint is just the hassle of putting it up. I know a lot of guys can get their's set up in a few minutes, but I find myself taking a lot longer than that and working up a sweat in the process. Consequently, I find I don't like taking it out just for a single day of hunting. If I'm going to be inone location for a couple days, I'll hang it and then take the bottom two sticks out with me at night to make it more difficult to steal (I also lock the stand to the tree). For next year, I think I'll pick up the sit and climb version for day trips and use the hang on for longer ventures.
Old 11-20-2005, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the sit and climb and I love it. I have owned climbers by Summit and Ol' Man and I can honestly say that the Lone Wolf is the best treestand purchase I have ever made. I did put some foam pipe insulation around the bar that you sit on and it made all the difference in the world as far as comfort goes. I pulled an "all dayer" in it a week ago today and had no problems staying comfortable.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:56 AM

Thanks guys. I'm SERIOSLY considering the Lone Wolf Climber. Kinda expensive, but if it's worth it, I'll get it.