Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Best Climbing Stand for Woman Hunter? >

Best Climbing Stand for Woman Hunter?

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Best Climbing Stand for Woman Hunter?

Old 11-08-2005, 08:10 PM

Default Best Climbing Stand for Woman Hunter?

I really believe shooting towards the ground is safest, but just don't know if I could manage a climbing tree stand. We don't own property, so I have to take my tree stand with me to/from each site. I'd appreciate any help. Also, which model and accessories for any recommended stands. Thanks.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:29 PM

Default RE: Best Climbing Stand for Woman Hunter?

I have a summit Viper which is an excellent stand and easy to use - after you mess with it and practice a little. A friend's wife, with no previous experience, was able to climb with it just fine.

If you're concerned about weight and pure simplicity as well as basic safety, I used an Ol' Man treestand with a front rail once. Very simple and light - webbing seat instead of solid, but very comfortable and warm with the addition of a simple foam pad.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:55 AM
Fork Horn

My g/f has used a Summit Viper for about five years, and really likes it. It is lightweight, and REALLY sticks to a tree. I have an old API Magnum Supreme which I think is more comfortable, but is not quite as easy toset up.
Accessories: use a full body harness from the beginning of the climbuntil you are back on the ground. And don't forget to tie the 2 sections together.I have made hundreds of climbs with several different stands over the years with no problems.But once last year, when I was getting set to descend, the bottomplatform came loose and descended without me. It happened in a heartbeat, and,were it notfor the rope tieing the two pieces together, would have made for an interesting evening.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:03 AM
Dominant Buck

I have 2 of the older Tree Lounges that I bought 10yrs ago and will not trade them for nothing!
Old 11-10-2005, 05:36 PM

They are all good just find one you are compfortable with.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:50 PM

How difficult are they to climb with? And I hunt both bow and firearm seasons, so I need a good all-around climber.
And thanks very much for all of these great responses. You have all been wonderfully helpful.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:24 PM

I would suggest a stand up sit down type climber. Thet are enclosed in the front, which can be difficult during archery season, but the ease of climbing and added saftey easily makes up for it. I would avoid a open front stand that you have to climb with upper body strength. With all that being said summit makes a great stand with the best of both worlds http://www.summitstands.com/catalog.aspx?catID=Razor
Old 01-07-2021, 02:14 AM
Spike

Carefully consider your height and weight before choosing a tree stand. Recent studies have shown that a large number of hunters fall down in the lack of strength of the tree stand. So, choosing the right tree stand is a daunting task. Lone wolf hand is the market leader in manufacturing the best tree stands. Currently using the Lone wolf hand climber tree stand that can be the best pick for you!