Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Rubber boots, talk to me.

Old 10-22-2005, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Rubber boots, talk to me.

Up til now I've sworn by LaCrosse Grange rubber boots for early bow season and turkey hunting. They fit well and were durable. Since they've gone Import,it seems to me thedurability has gone south, at least on the pairs that I've got. The first pair cracked in a year. I'm on my second pair and I think they may be leaking already. What else is out there that fits well and is going to be more dependable?
Old 10-24-2005, 06:49 PM

Default RE: Rubber boots, talk to me.

Wingbone,
I kind of thought the opposite. I seem to be gettingbetter wear out of Lacrosse boots. I wear the Burly 800's, and seem to get a couple of years out of them. Next pair will be the AlphaBurly's 1000 or 1500, just for the change- they look warmer.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:04 PM

I'm a fan of the Cabels'a rubber boots they have served me very well.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:16 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: mackpower

Wingbone,
I kind of thought the opposite. I seem to be gettingbetter wear out of Lacrosse boots. I wear the Burly 800's, and seem to get a couple of years out of them. Next pair will be the AlphaBurly's 1000 or 1500, just for the change- they look warmer.

10-4!
Old 10-25-2005, 03:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe I got a bad pair. Those apha-burleys look great. How durable is that neoprene?
Old 10-25-2005, 05:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wore La Crosse boots for years for bowhunting. About three years ago I ordered a pair of knee high rubber boots out of Cabela's. The quality is excellent and they are cheaper than the the La Crosse boots. You might want to give them a try.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:41 AM

I wear the Alphaburly's (uninsulated version). I've had them for about 2 seasons now and love them. They're very comfortable fitwise, and they're much lighter than traditional rubber boots. The neoprene is rubber coated so they stand up pretty well. I've done a lot of walking through brush and briars in them and other than a few scuffs at the toe and some of the camo coating wearing off, they're in great shape with no leaks. Another guy I hunt with has had them an additional season and his are a little more worn, but still no tears or leaks.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:45 AM

"Since they've gone Import,it seems to me thedurability has gone south"

I'm gonna have to say that I agree with you on that. I've got some older burly's that I've worn through all sorts of thickets and have had no problems at all. There is practically no tread left on the bottom of the boots and yet the only time they ever leaked was when I had a tangle with a barbed wire fence. It was nothing they couldn't fix with a patch at the local tire shop.
The rubber in my newer boots just doesn't feel as tough and it seems like they are aging much faster than the old boots. I've also got pair of Alpha Burly's (If you haven't guessed by now, I'm boot poor) and they are extremely comfortable and light for a rubber bootbutmine do leak somewhat despite not much heavy use. Several of my friends also have the alpha's and have had the same experience with them but still like them because of the comfort level they provide.