Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

NAP Pelvic saw

Old 08-09-2005, 08:43 AM

Default NAP Pelvic saw

Anyone have any comments on this thing? I am thinking about buying one.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: NAP Pelvic saw

Buddy has one and we used it last fall for a few deer, it worked just fine. It works just like a chain saw(no not the gas kind), slicing a thin line with minimal resistence very quickly. I will say having to thread the handle though the first time made me wantto reach for theSagen Pelvic Saw, but by #2 and #3 it wasn't that big of a concern. After 2 deer the chain it uses was severely kinked but it proceeded to work for more deer. It cleans up suprisely well I thought.

All in all not a bad product. I still prefer my Sagen, more elbow grease required but operates just fine and no need to thread the needle!
Old 08-09-2005, 10:35 AM

I used to use my saw blade on my leatherman supertool.. Talk about a mess. Id still have crap in that thing a week later
Old 08-09-2005, 05:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

ccm the Segan Saw I mentioned cuts a very nice line, little mess and a snap to clean to due its fine tooth design. It also has a T-Handle and protected tip to prevent puncture...it is made specifically for this job and works very well. I noticed in a mail order Catalogue Gerber has come out with one similar to the Sagen saw,as well. They might be exactly what your looking for. The NAP zip saw works, I justprefer my old sagen.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Strange. For some reason or another I have been very intrested in these lately. (I can't imagine why).

Sounds like the ticket. Anyone know how much $$$?
Old 08-10-2005, 02:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Matt, 10-15 bucks. They work if you like to split the pelvis in the field! Maybe it pinned in the advertise spot on the top of the page has something to do with your sudden interest.

CCM, I looked up the Gerber and don't believe it as good as the Sagen. It appears to have coarse teeth, so would assume it would behave very much like the leatherman. Also it does not have the protected tip and was near double the cost of the Sagen.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:58 PM

We use sawzalls - a whole lot easier, especially the battery operated ones
Old 08-11-2005, 06:12 AM

I am not putting a sawzall in my backpack

Maybe a battery operated dremel
Old 08-11-2005, 08:58 AM

I have used several kinds of saws over the years and began using a Sagen about 5 or 6 years ago. They work great on the pelvis or rib cage and are very reasonably priced. Plus the fact that the bumper on it prevents puncturing the gut.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:46 PM

Ok.. I bought one of these things.. All i can say is holy crap batman...

I shot a doe on saturday and when it came time to split the pelvis.. i quick tugs.. and it went thru like a hot knife thru butter.

Quick Reply: NAP Pelvic saw

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.