Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Ol Man vs API

Old 09-21-2005, 12:51 PM

Default Ol Man vs API

I'm trying to decide between the Ol Man Original Climbing Treestand or the API Grand Slam Extreme Bowhunter Treestand. Which one is better in your opinion. Any help is greatly apreciated.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:00 PM

Default RE: Ol Man vs API

I've heardthe API's are about the most noisy of the name brand climbers...so I guess I'd recommend the Ol Man between the two. Given any thought towards a Summit?
Old 09-21-2005, 06:59 PM

I HAVE NO EXP. WITH OL MANS BUT THE API'S ARE A GOOD QUALITY STAND THAT WORK VERY WELL. I HAVE THE GRAND SLAM EXTREME WHICH I USE TO BOW AND GUN HUNT. THOUGHT ABOUT TRYING TO GET THESEAT HALF OF THE BOWHUNTER TO SAVE A LITTLE ON WEIGHT. I THINK THAT SETUP WEIGHS 3LBS LESS THAN MINE. I HAVE HAD NO NOISE ISSUES AT ALL, IT DOES NOT CREEK WHEN YOU MOVE AROUND ON THE PLATFORM OR SEAT. HOPE THIS HELPS.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:24 AM
Spike

I have hunted in both stands the api is a little hard to set up. I had a ol man for 5 years was good stand till stold last year. It had quick set up but I did not like bow hunting out of it. I got a summit razor to replace the ol man it is the best stand I have ever been in. I would definately go with a summit over api or ol man
Old 09-22-2005, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have owned and hunted a lot out of both, go with the ol' man. It is easier to set up, andmore quietto hunt out of. If your open to other suggestions, consider a Lone Wolf Sit and Climb. It will cost quite a bit more, but you will never hunt out of a better climber.
Old 09-25-2005, 12:02 PM

I havent experience with an API but I do have an Ol' Man Grand Vision. Still one of the best climbers on the market today IMO. Easy, safe, and quite climber, I have used my for 4 years now.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:08 AM
Dominant Buck

Mossy,I would consider the API.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:46 PM

api, haveno problem setting it up, or with noise,the ol man seat doesn't look comfortable,
Old 10-01-2005, 10:34 AM

summits are pieces of ****, don't get one. Their designes are piss poor. They are noisy to set up, the cables go clickety ****en clanck when climbing or desending, it you set up just right in the stand the foot platform will creek everytime you put weight on it. Plus they are bulky to pack into and out of the woods. I have read great things about the ol man stands. They are rated the most quiet to set up and easiet to pack in the woods. I am fixing to get an ol man and take a tortch to the summit viper.
Old 10-01-2005, 10:37 AM

IMO your best bet is to set up a fixed stand somewhere or just hunt off the ground. I know you won't do this cause it takes the "fun" out of going into the woods and setting up high in teh dark. I've killed many a deer from the ground, mostly because I was quit getting in the woods and not making all kinds of noise carrying a damn climber.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.