Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

climbing stands tree lounge

Old 09-06-2005, 07:52 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: climbing stands tree lounge

ORIGINAL: liquidorange

just got back from a week of bear hunting in maine and i told my guide i would only use my tree lounge. he liked that cause he didnt have to set up a stand for me. the tree lounge is way comfortable and safe compared to those ladder stands they like to put you in. im about 275 lbs and have 2 of them and as long as you use the wheels or can leave it set up its a nice stand. youll need to practice with it a few times but i can set mine up in the dark.

Orange, I have two of the older models with therectangular Aircraft Temperd Aluminum
frames. I have had them for over 10yrs. I have all the accessories that I could buy for
them, except the Sniper Shack. I also have the Tree umbrella. Would'nt trade them for
anything else.

I replaced the bolts with SS and SSwashers anduse SS largewing nuts to secure the
back bar. Got rid of the speed knobs.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

You get a lots of comments on the Treelounge, that it is too heavy or too hard to set up. I really don't agree with that! Yes they are a little heavy, but worth it! A little extra weight is well paid for in the safety of the Treelounge! As was said before, the TL can hold 1600 lbs. and can climb some very slick trees without slipping!
As for setting them up, as long as you don't wait until you get in the woods to learn how to use the TL, they set up easy, and climb quietly too! Once you learn the stand, it will be easy. I usually set mine up a time or two before the season just for refresher training. Turning around to sit down after climbing is the tricky part. Once youlearn to do that, it is really easy too.
Some people think they are noisy to put together and climb with too. Again, practice makes a big difference, climbing a ladder stand or getting into a box stand can be noisy too, if you don't pay attention to what you are doing!
The first year that I had my Treelounge, I climbed a tree for an afternoon hunt, once settled in, I did not like my spot. So I climbed down and set up in another tree. Within five minutes I had a buck feeding right under me! That buck was NOT deaf, and he was already in the area while I was climbing! If the Treelounge was noisy, he would not have been undermy stand!There are some other good stands on the market, but no thanks! Not for me!
BTW, high price has always been a knock against the TL, but I saw them on sale the other day (my senior moment, does not let me recall where) so they may have come down in price to meet the competition!
Old 09-06-2005, 08:10 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: heeze gutshot shortee

Hey JOE D... I get weighed on a coal scale.. I top out at 300lbs plus gear!! Tell me whats going to hold me and keep me feeling like a hunter and not that daring young man on the flying trapeze!!
Hezze, I have the older models with the rectangular frames. In the video they sent
with the Tree Lounge, they demonstrate a sling and platform hanging from the stand
with 1755lbs of cinder blocks. It is the only stand that you can climb a steel light
pole with. Name me one other climbing stand that youcan climb a steel pole with?
Bob Hice bought back the company, he is the originator of the Tree Lounge. Call
and ask if they went back to the oldrectangular tubing stand.
OH, and I weigh 230lbs!
[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]
Old 09-06-2005, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

liqiudorange...the tree lounge is a climber...backpack type...what do you mean by wheels and if you leave it up??? How do you get down from a climber if you leave the climber up????????? HA HA....... good one !!!

Do you use the second one to climb up to the first......ha ha ha ha ha

Iv seen the wheels used to cart out game...but wheel it into the woods...HA HA...... nudder good one

Hey REBEL HOG... your always on my tail....I better start using some leafy camo and cover scent............ HAR HAR
Old 09-06-2005, 01:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Heeze, one of the accessories that you can buy for the Treelounge is a pair of wheels. These are bicycle type tires that make the TL into a two wheel cart.
Also, I'm sure what Rebel is talking about is just leaving your TL set up on the tree. Since I hunt a fairly secure area, I leave my TL on the base of the tree for several days at a time. If you are hunting public property, or where access is easy, you would not want to leave your investment lying around unattended.
Old 09-06-2005, 02:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

JAGMAGMAN....OH.... I get what you /he means... leave it attached hardwarewise so that you can just get in and move it on up to the BUCKSIDE!!!!!! Saves time and some noise no doubt....As I stated im aware of the cart wheels..Appreciate the info....
Old 09-06-2005, 02:27 PM
Dominant Buck

Hey hezze, go to my post and click on the: Click Here To See Video.

Keep moving hezze my dogs are on your scent!
Old 09-09-2005, 08:27 AM

Hey Heeze, I also have the older model treelounge with the square tube, and have been using it for about 10 years with much success and happiness. I have used other climbers, and have another brand climber, but it very seldom gets used 'cause I prefer the safety and comfort of the treelounge. I wouldn't trade or sell mine for anything short of three times what I paid for it! It's improved my hunting success by 100%.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:59 PM
Spike

I've had two Tree Lounge models to date, the "original" square tubing version, and the upgrade from that. I was going to purchase the newer model, but purchased the API Grand Slam Magnum instead. Still haven't used it yet.

I never really had to much to complain about, except that it does take me some time to set it up. I have a lot of accessories that I feel make my day in the tree more comfortable. I agree that turning around with pac boots and heavy clothing is some what complex. I always have that harness on just in case. I don't think I would be able to turn around if it wasn't for the bow hunting adapter. Even with all the accessories, I think it packs down tight enough to backpack out without making a sound. I don't move around to much duringmy hunt, so the stand normally stays on the tree. The Shooting rail finally paid off last year, as I was able to shoot two deer that the range finder had around 125 yds. Once I'm turned around, I feel perfectly safe. I don't even mind stepping out on the bow hunting adapter weighing in around 310 lbs.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:57 PM

the new one only weigh in at 22 lbs I am going to get one

Quick Reply: climbing stands tree lounge

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.