HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - climbing stands tree lounge
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2005, 08:06 AM
JagMagMan
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: climbing stands tree lounge

You get a lots of comments on the Treelounge, that it is too heavy or too hard to set up. I really don't agree with that! Yes they are a little heavy, but worth it! A little extra weight is well paid for in the safety of the Treelounge! As was said before, the TL can hold 1600 lbs. and can climb some very slick trees without slipping!
As for setting them up, as long as you don't wait until you get in the woods to learn how to use the TL, they set up easy, and climb quietly too! Once you learn the stand, it will be easy. I usually set mine up a time or two before the season just for refresher training. Turning around to sit down after climbing is the tricky part. Once youlearn to do that, it is really easy too.
Some people think they are noisy to put together and climb with too. Again, practice makes a big difference, climbing a ladder stand or getting into a box stand can be noisy too, if you don't pay attention to what you are doing!
The first year that I had my Treelounge, I climbed a tree for an afternoon hunt, once settled in, I did not like my spot. So I climbed down and set up in another tree. Within five minutes I had a buck feeding right under me! That buck was NOT deaf, and he was already in the area while I was climbing! If the Treelounge was noisy, he would not have been undermy stand!There are some other good stands on the market, but no thanks! Not for me!
BTW, high price has always been a knock against the TL, but I saw them on sale the other day (my senior moment, does not let me recall where) so they may have come down in price to meet the competition!