Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 ATV, 4 wheeler, quad, whatever you call them >

ATV, 4 wheeler, quad, whatever you call them

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

ATV, 4 wheeler, quad, whatever you call them

Old 07-21-2005, 09:55 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: ATV, 4 wheeler, quad, whatever you call them

04 Polaris HO- Tons of power. Pulls a disk in the food plots and huals deer out for me in the season. no problems so far. Price was about 7000,00 with a few add ons.

SF
Old 07-21-2005, 01:14 PM

I have a 2003 Arctic cat Bear cat 500
I like the fact that it has very good stability, never rolled it, (Though have tried too.)
The one thing I don't like is that the 4 wheel has a lever you pull out too engage
I would make it push button 4-wheel
It cost me $4500, but that was w/hitch and sno-plow and winch
Old 07-23-2005, 09:44 AM

There is only one ATV on the market I would absolutely not buy and thats a Polaris[:'(]I have had 5 Yamaha and still have three of them around. The first being a '98 Big Bear 400 that my dad now uses as well as a '03 Grizzly that is a definite work horse and I just got a 2005 Kodiak 400 that my wife and daughter ride. I have nothing but good things to say about the Yamaha line they are very dependable and easy to pull routine maintenance on by yourself.

The Big Bear we have put through absolute he!! and back and have never done anything but change oil, spark plugs and air filters. We just recently put a new set of brakes on it also by ourselves that was very easy to perform.

The Grizzly is my personal favorite because of its workablility. It is made to do the job. Great low and high range. Fantastic engine braking. Just all around great machine.

The Kodiak is probably the most fun to just get on and trail ride. It has great manuverability. All the power you need and a smooth ride w/ the independent rear suspension. It has alot lower center of gravity than the Grizzly for easy riding on some of the hairiest trails.

I have also owned some Hondas in the past and I didn't have any problems out of them either. I would say start with those two and sit on them both and ride them and you can't go wrong w/ either.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:42 PM

right now i have a 94 Kawasaki Bayou KLF400 4x4
the thing i dont like is the turning radius and is fulltime 4x4

price...well........ cost me $400 from a buddy of mine and only had to replace $100 in parts(battery,Ujoint and a wheel bearing)
Old 07-28-2005, 12:06 AM

ORIGINAL: alwyshntn

There is only one ATV on the market I would absolutely not buy and thats a Polaris[:'(]
Amen!

My bro-in-law sells 4 wheelers for a living and works on them. He sells them all. He gets more Polaris' back in the shop 4 to 1 over all others COMBINED!

I could careless the label on my wheelers, but mine are all Hondas. Plain and simply, they are like the energizer bunny. They just run and run and run....

P.S. Keep in mind the ONLY snowmobile I'll buy IS A Polaris. They know how to make sleds, just not 4 wheelers!
Old 07-31-2005, 03:44 PM

Yamaha is the best 450 cc machience on the market right now. The reiablity is better than honda and is not outdated. Plus who wants to be stuck without brakes!
Old 08-01-2005, 07:56 AM

What ATV do you actually own & ride (make/year/model), not your uncle's or your friends or your uncle's friend's cousin, YOU PERSONALLY, Not asking if it's the best out of a gazzilion makes & models, but...............
02 Yamaha Grizzly 660
1. What you really like about it?
big, bad, can go anywhere
2. What do you really dislike about it?
get's hot when going slow. Known problem on Grizz's
3. What would you make or set up differently on it?
clutch kit for more "power". the bigger tires slowed it down some
4. Maybe you used to have one that was really nice. What year/model and why?
it's a long list, but the bike I had before this was a 99 Wolverine. Good pic too, but unerpowered and undersuspended compared to the Grizz
5. Also, what did it cost you?
6200 w/ winch. You can easily find brand new ATVs for 1000 off MSRP in Mississippi
Old 08-02-2005, 03:18 PM

Edit Kraw: heat probelm and many others have been fixed. There are also a few mods to make it run exeptionally cooler.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:47 PM

2004 Arctic Cat 650 MRP

Power, ground clearance, huge gas tank, MRP racks, 2" rear receiver, smooth ride, big seat, digital gauge,

Dislikes:
Wide Turning radius, high ground clearance a little tippy on hills, front plows on hard cornering with factory radials, foot brake.

Changes:
Another headlight in the gauge pod, Brighter bulbs for main headlights, wider flares to control the mud slinging, spring kit to tighten the drive belt,

Previous ATV:
None

Paid $7K with MRP accessories out the door.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

1995 Kawasaki 400 Bayou 4x4

Likes would be simplicity and the drop dead reliability. Only a battery, a coupla carb cleaningsand several oil changes. Got some serious grunt for a 400. I have been completely satisfied from day 1 with this thing.

Dislikes would be its geared a little short. No backup for starter.

Changes...hmmm...cant really think of any cept a little more top end. Backup starting device of some sort be it a kick or whatever.

Had a 93 King Quad before this one..nice bike but ate wheel bearings and seriously underpowered.

Quick Reply: ATV, 4 wheeler, quad, whatever you call them

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.