Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Help!   Ran Out of W/E Adjustment >

Help! Ran Out of W/E Adjustment

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Help! Ran Out of W/E Adjustment

Old 06-15-2005, 08:46 AM

Default Help! Ran Out of W/E Adjustment

I'm bore sighting anew combo and cant get enough windage or elevation adjustment to bring it in. I tried swapping the rings and that didnt help either. The bases are not universal. I dont have a problem shimming for up/down but to have windage be that far out too, doesnt compute.

The scope is a Swift Premier. Should I assume its the scope or is their a way to check it?

Thanks
CB
Old 06-16-2005, 07:54 AM
Spike

Default RE: Help! Ran Out of W/E Adjustment

I had this problem too. Let me try to explain what is happening. I think this is right. The scope tube is alot like a roll of toilet paper and the adjustments must move within that inside ring. If you move up, down or side to side all at once, it is like putting your finger in teh ring, moving it to teh edge and ten trying to adjust for the other . There is the most adjustmeent when thescope isset in teh center of teh tube. AS you adjustwindage to one extreme, you effectively loose elevation. The opposite is also true. If you adjust for all of teh elevation, you loose teh windage.

The best thing to do would be to shim it and then adjust the windage.

Sorry for the rambling.

Old 06-19-2005, 04:00 PM
Typical Buck

Sounds like you need to shim it, we used to have to shim ours when we were getting ready for the 1000yd high power comp...
Old 06-19-2005, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cody, what make of base and rings are you using?
Old 06-20-2005, 04:44 AM

I'm using Weaver bases and Burris Sign Zee rings. I'm just think that with over 60moa of adjustment and I cant zero at 50yds, something must be out of wack somewhere. I could see having to shim tokeep the center of the adjustment range in the middle.

CB

Old 06-20-2005, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm just guessing, but it sounds like a combination of the factory alignment with the scope mounting holes in the receiver with the base and mismatched ring base combo. Before you pull your hair out, have a gunsmith look it over. Even the slighest misalignment can cause this problem. It could be a quick fix by a gunsmith or a long drawn out pisser if you try to remedy the problem on your own.