Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Windage Adjustment? >

Windage Adjustment?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Windage Adjustment?

Old 02-18-2007, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Windage Adjustment?

My bow is paper tuned, shooting quarter size groups at 20 yds, but a little left. I moved my sight over as far to the left as possible, and still need a little more. Any suggestions? I do not have any adjustments but up and down, left and right and individual pins up or down.

Thanks, LT
Old 02-18-2007, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Windage Adjustment?

You moved your whole site(slider) to the left?
Is there no adjustments on the pins themselves?

If you are maxed out on the site I would assume your rest isnt set up correctly.Check the centershot.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:30 PM

You're either torquing the bow terribly, or you are out of centershot. I know you said it's papertuned, but I would bet a doughnut you're out of centershot.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:11 PM
Typical Buck

Try the walk back tuning methed..Using your 20 yd pin shoot at the same spot at 20,30,40. and see if you keep going further left at each distance. Of course you will hit lower but should be straightup and down.if so move your rest in, right. Paper tuning will drive you nuts.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I have already adjusted my sight windage all the way to the left and am still hitting left but quarter sized groups at 20 yds, should I move my rest right first, or move my sight back to about center of my windage adjustment first before adjusting rest to the right? Did that make sense?[:-]

LT
Old 02-23-2007, 04:44 AM

The size of your groups at one distance, are irrelavent. Try as suggested, the walk-back tuning method. That is how you determine if centershot is correct.

If this doesn't correct it, I suspect you're opposite-eye dominant (sight with right eye if left handed).

Old 02-23-2007, 05:00 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Straightarrow

The size of your groups at one distance, are irrelavent. Try as suggested, the walk-back tuning method. That is how you determine if centershot is correct.
Straightarrow is correct. I had the same problem. Did the walk-back thing, established center shoot and was able to adjust my sight back towards the riser. It's been stated here many times that paper tuning should be the starting point.