Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunting Dogs
 im looking for help makeing a hog dog >

im looking for help makeing a hog dog

Community
Hunting Dogs Still looking for that perfect hunting companion? Well look no further, you've come to the right place.

im looking for help makeing a hog dog

Old 04-13-2008, 01:22 PM

Default im looking for help makeing a hog dog

i live in flordia im looking to turn my red nose pit into a hog dog. and im looking for some help and pointers.
Old 04-15-2008, 04:27 PM

Default RE: im looking for help makeing a hog dog

I take it you are looking to make it a chatch dog. Here is what i do to start my dogs depending on the size of your dog always start you dog on a pig that he can over power. You never want you dog to get hurt when starting. Pits will almost always catch it is bred in to them. With that being said you need to make sure your dog is not dog agressive. if he catches the front leg or some other place on the hog choke him off and put him on the ear and turn the pig loose again and let him fight it. Repet this until he only catches the ear. When he will catch all the time. Put a bay dog in on the pig first and then turn your catch dog loose so that he learns to go to the bark. if you have any more qustions hollar back at me but this is how i sart my catch dogs.