Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunting Dogs
 First time flying for lab >

First time flying for lab

Community
Hunting Dogs Still looking for that perfect hunting companion? Well look no further, you've come to the right place.

First time flying for lab

Old 07-02-2007, 07:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default First time flying for lab

Planning to fly my lab, at 10 months, from east coastto MT this fall. Any words of wisdom for a first trip w a dog, really want tomake it as smooth as possible for him. Thanks.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:59 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: First time flying for lab

Are you talking comercial flight? Are you ging with him/her?. just get him/her used to the kennel, the first flight my Chocolate did back in 1991 was a trip to Spain, he did very well going and coming. Get one of those no spil water bowls, or that will just end up all over inside. Don't sedate either, they will cope better without.

Iwill be going to Kansas labor day weekend to pick my new Pup up, and that will be his first flight, but he will only be in thekennel for 3.5 hours hops, then able to get out and do his thing.