Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Flying with a bow?

Old 08-16-2006, 05:28 AM

Default Flying with a bow?

Can anyone recommend a hard case (preferrably not plastic) that is affordable and can fit my Mathews Switchback XT? This case needs to be airline approved.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:44 PM

Default RE: Flying with a bow?

1 is the skb freedom case $119 or the new skb double case cost $199 or the adg case $99single or the vanguard $169 all will protec your bow but skb offer insurance up to $1500 if your stuff gets damaged!!

my problem was what you stated as reasonable!! don't skimp!! you paid over a grand on your setup a couple hundred more to protect your gear from flight gorrillas is so worth it!!!
Old 08-17-2006, 05:36 AM

ORIGINAL: jamaltwy

1 is the skb freedom case $119 or the new skb double case cost $199 or the adg case $99single or the vanguard $169 all will protec your bow but skb offer insurance up to $1500 if your stuff gets damaged!!

my problem was what you stated as reasonable!! don't skimp!! you paid over a grand on your setup a couple hundred more to protect your gear from flight gorrillas is so worth it!!!
Thanks for the advice. I said affordable because I have seen cases for well over $500 and that is not affordable for me, nor even worth it. Something less than $300 with insurance. Besides, I'm in trouble enough as it is with my wife, dont want to tick her off anymore. "You just bought a $1000 bow and now you want to purchase what for $500?!" hehehe
Old 08-19-2006, 10:48 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

SKB, I've flown mine, both gun and bow several times and the airport guys can't hurt it. Well worth the money and less $ than you were talking of spending.