Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunting Dogs
 Charcoal female Lab, Started 16 months old Amazing Retriever from hunting line >

Charcoal female Lab, Started 16 months old Amazing Retriever from hunting line

Community
Hunting Dogs Still looking for that perfect hunting companion? Well look no further, you've come to the right place.

Charcoal female Lab, Started 16 months old Amazing Retriever from hunting line

Old 05-26-2007, 09:27 PM
Spike

Default RE: Charcoal female Lab, Started 16 months old Amazing Retriever from hunting line

Offering help and advice is one thing, and I agree thats what the forums are all about! Being a prick about it, and going onto everybody elses ads and picking apart their dogs w/o knowing a thing about them is just rude. Not everyone has the luxury of being a "knowitall" like yourself! But I'm sure guys like cwgtahoe whoactually do know something about labs and hunting don't sit around all day trying to brag about everything they know through the forums. They let their experience speak for itself, and dont need to boast about it either. Thats the kind of advice I look for on the forums not someone claiming to know everything and "pushing" their ideas on everybody. There's a polite way to offer advice, and obviously you havent learned that yet. Oh and I've done one field trial, I'm not claiming to be a pro, I never have claimed that, but the first trial I entered my dog in she won, and posted the fourth highest score in the history of the event, but I'm sure thats not quite up to your standards yet.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Charcoal female Lab, Started 16 months old Amazing Retriever from hunting line

franken
A Field Trial. Very cool.
When, where was the trial and what was the sanctioning organization?

Old 05-27-2007, 12:17 AM

Who cares doce, Get a life. You have one dog that has titles we dont care. Like i asked you a while back, please dont comment on any of my post. positive or negative. thanks, and hopefully you will respect my request this time.
Old 05-27-2007, 12:19 AM

All we have to do is go to your dogs web site and that explains you without even having to talk to you
Old 05-27-2007, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's what I thought -- pure BS about the "Field Trial".
As far as me commenting about your posts -- If you say something that has merit, I'll back you up. But if you say something that I think is BS, I will also say so. So, I will not honor your request. Once you are the owner of this forum, you can make tht request and I'll comply. But until then.....................................
Hope to talk to ya later, but right now, we're going out and do some dog training.

Old 05-28-2007, 11:18 AM
Fork Horn

Why don't you guys meetin a parking lot somewhere and fight it out! I would love to see Doc E get his azz stomped.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rsbcon

Why don't you guys meetin a parking lot somewhere and fight it out! I would love to see Doc E get his azz stomped.
Why fight physically when you can beat 'em intellectually?

Never come to a battle of wits unarmed.

Old 05-28-2007, 01:56 PM

Alrighty, then, boys!! Quit scratchin' and start listenin' to each other!!

Doc was pointing out a potential "question" as to the correct coloring of Stella. Upon reading it for the first time, one could misconstrue her coloring. In my way of thinking, he's pointing something out not to be a big jerk but because he is knowledgeable. Since being on this board, I have noticed that Doc has considerable background especially with Labs. Anyone with a high interest (such as his) is going to gravitate to those posts concerning expecially Labs. Just because he pushes having dogs certified does not mean that he's being cocky either. It simply means that he is sold on the certification and believes that breeders need to start putting thought into the breedings of dogs rather than breeding to make a buck. I have found much of Doc's information to be overly helpful. At times, he may come off a bit high-n-mighty which often happens ESPECIALLY online when one can't read facial expressions and actual tone of voice. Rantin' on and on about him hijacking your posts does not help anyone... it just adds fuel to the fire. Whether or not you agree with Doc's position is not in question... you need to be respectful no matter what w/o calling names. Anyone that has been on this forum more than once is going to know that Doc is going to question the seller of pups for certification... that's a given. So, when you read it, roll your eyes and move on.

To put it into perspective for you... I have a 5mo yellow Lab puppy what is the product of a backyard breeding. We wanted this little guy because my hubby hunts with the sire. Doc suggested that we not get his sister also because of several factors. For that, I am extremely appreciative. I understand Doc's prodding to get Ranger certified... we may or may not do that. If Ranger was registered and if we weren't neutering him on June 4th, we probably would certify his eyes, elbows, and hips. Because of Doc's knowledge, I started doing a BUNCH of research on Labs and I think I am a better owner now because of him. Seriously, would I not take my puppy because of his lack of paperwork... no! That's my perogative. I know that the kennels that both the dam and sire come from have had no problems... both sets of grandparents are noted as excellent/good and w/o any of the puppies having any problems. However, I appreciate the emphasis put on getting dogs checked out-- it'll hopefully clean out the breed with diligent owners.

Now... again back to the initial post...
The way it is worded may send flags up for those that do know Labs... having the word charcoal in front of Registered Lab indicates that the word "charcoal" is an adjective. Stella may be charcoal-ish in color but would be registered as chocolate. Enough with the symantics though...
Old 05-29-2007, 05:30 PM
Spike

Doc,
I forgot to reply back to you, the field trial was this past January, It was in my backyard, and I judged the competition. My dog was the only competitor, and she was the only competitor the last three years as well! Thats why she posted the 4th highest score in the history of the competition, you'd think she'd get better and better every year, but she keeps going downhill! Probably got a lot to do with the owner, and trainer would be my guess! haha! Ok now I'm throwing the BS flag, b/c now Im really full of it! Do you sense any sarcasm in my voice??
Old 06-10-2007, 06:54 PM
Spike

huntin widow if you would just look a all doc's post you willsee that all he does is bash people and their dogs. if he isn't interested in buying the dogs he needs to just keep his questions to himself

Quick Reply: Charcoal female Lab, Started 16 months old Amazing Retriever from hunting line

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.