Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Damn Dog Hunters!

Old 02-02-2009, 05:22 AM
Fork Horn

Default Damn Dog Hunters!

I know not all dog hunters are like this but these guys give you all a bad name. You should be policing your own. I am a member of a hunt club that is suppose to be still hunt only no dogs. While hoghunting this weekend there where a number of "hunters" running dogs for hogson our club land and some of these are club members. Totally screwed up my weekend hunt. They ran their trucks up to my friends feeders and blind area, over his planted road. Why is it dog hunters after they screw up and use up their own land have to go out and run rough shod over someone Else's area. Where do they get their sense of entitlement to disrespect/ trespassothers land and other hunters in general. I found areas where the dogs squared off with a hog and got the dogs on my game cams. What the heck guys! You wanna use dogs to "hunt" while you cruise in your trucks and sometimes; as I have been witness to thisduring deer hunts, drink, have at it. I realize not all dog hunters are backwoods "ain't no one gonna tell me nothing rednecks". But guys you gotta police your own.Publicly I would not oppose dog hunting because we all have to stick together to protect our rights. But youdog huntersmake it damn hard to stick together. My official position on dog hunting. Hog hunting if you jump out , chase the hogs and go in after them in thebrush and stand a chance of getting hurt,ok. Deer hunters oh please! Deer shooting.Let the dogs loose, sit on your ass on top of your dog box and wait for the deer to come running out while ripping off rounds while the deer is running 100-200 yds away. Irresponsible and lazy.

Let the responses begin!
Old 02-02-2009, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Damn Dog Hunters!

I know not all dog hunters are like this but these guys give you all a bad name. You should be policing your own.

While hoghunting this weekend there where a number of "hunters" running dogs for hogson our club land and some of these are club members.
Sounds like you need to take care of your own business with your club members before pissing and moaning on here.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:24 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Jim_IV

Sounds like you need to take care of your own business with your club members before pissing and moaning on here.
Right on!
Old 02-02-2009, 07:43 AM

I fully agree. Some of those damn dog hunters are damn disrespectful of everybody else’s right to enjoy the outdoors. They screw their own land up then move to others. There like locust! And I don’t understand how somebody who does that can call themselves a true hunter. The dogs are the ones doing all the work not the lazy individual sitn on the side if the road with his thumb up his ass.If you want to call yourself a hunter then get off your lazy beer drinkn butt and challenge that animals instincts for survival an beat him in his own environment going one on one with all their trick an senses to beat a hunter. And if you are one of the responsible dog hunters then you need to keep you own inline so that they don’t give you a bad reputation that you don’t deserve. As for the guy who added the don’t piss an moan here comment. Your from texas that says it all.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:06 AM
Fork Horn

This isn't an isolated incident I have seen this in a number of places. This issue is being address with in the club. By your reaction I guess you don't believe is policing your own. As hunters we need to suppport each other and cull out the people who give the anti's their ammunition. Whether I agree with dog hunting or not I will defend your right to do it, just quit trampling over the rights of others.You wanna dog hunt, fine, not my bag. You want to keep dog hunting then you guys have to take care of yourselves instead of putting a bullseye on your chest. Remember "United We Will Stand, Divided We Will All Fall".
Old 02-02-2009, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Your from texas that says it all.

What does that say about me? Do tell, I'm interested to hear your ignorant thoughts
Old 02-02-2009, 08:20 AM

im sure you know the saying.So is it safe to bet that you are a dog runner.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:58 AM

you should of called dnr and handled it on the spot. then with your club.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry buddy, but I'm not. The only dog I own is my black lab, who is my duck dog. Funny though, you automatically because I'm from Texas I'm a "Steer or a *****". I guess thats the saying your referring too. Anyway, I was simply pointing out that before this guy comes on here crying about what is going on in his hunting club, that he should maybe talk to the people on the club with him if he has a problem about it. You don't see me coming on here saying I hate rifle deer hunters (I'm strictly bow hunting) because I have seen a few do illegal things. There are a few bad apples in any sport. Ex, football-Michal Vick

So grow up a little bit (both of you) and stop making assumptions because one thing you've seen or something you heard.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:56 AM

its not crying.did you ever stop to think that if somebody who does those kinds of things were to read this postit mightget them to think about what it is they are doing and how it makes ALL of us as hunters look bad.

Quick Reply: Damn Dog Hunters!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.