Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 How about some "real hogs"? >

How about some "real hogs"?

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

How about some "real hogs"?

Old 02-18-2008, 04:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: How about some "real hogs"?

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

ORIGINAL: okboarhunter

The last boar I saw over 600lbs (I didnt shoot) was beat all to heck. Its ears were all tour up from fighting and the tusks were broken off pretty bad.
You sure you that wasn't Russ? You just described him to a T., Or Rowell he's that ugly too.[:-]
Old 02-19-2008, 11:50 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: The Rev

The last boar I saw over 600lbs (I didnt shoot) was beat all to heck. Its ears were all tour up from fighting and the tusks were broken off pretty bad.
You sure you that wasn't Russ? You just described him to a T., Or Rowell he's that ugly too.[:-]
Now thats funny.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am planning on hog hunting down at the farm this spring an early summer. I saw a lot of hogs late last summer but never hunted them, will be different this summer.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:33 PM

i cant wait for this summer itll be hott but thats when the hogs are at the ponds all day..hopefully illget me a big one..atleast 400 pounder..i choose not to kill anything between 150 and about 300 ...after i shot a couple i found out how much work it is to clean them and then the gamy taste ewwwww...

this past deer season i let go a couple of 150's just to shoot a lil 10 pounder..that was my first pig with my bow...i could have easily shot the bigger ones they were about 5-7 yds away and the lil one about 15 yds...
Old 02-21-2008, 04:10 PM
Typical Buck

For a lot of us it's not how big the hog is it, how good the hog is. For me, I'd let a 500 pounder walk, and take a 90 pounder. I put them in the freezer not on the wall.
I've let many big hogs go.
I completely understand. BUT around here, more then likely, if you're killin hogs, it extermination, not freezer filling and where i was talkin about all the bigs ones are at its extermination. Our neighbors who constanly poach on our place have about 400 acres of augustin they crop and they have tore theirs up. But the guess we're lesing our place for cows to, he planted about 200 acres total spread out and theres nothin for the cows to eat. But if we're killin big ones, we're more then likely givin it(for asmall fee)to mexicans(no offense) that live by where my dad works
Old 02-21-2008, 08:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Icetrey

For a lot of us it's not how big the hog is it, how good the hog is. For me, I'd let a 500 pounder walk, and take a 90 pounder. I put them in the freezer not on the wall.
I've let many big hogs go.
I completely understand. BUT around here, more then likely, if you're killin hogs, it extermination, not freezer filling and where i was talkin about all the bigs ones are at its extermination. Our neighbors who constanly poach on our place have about 400 acres of augustin they crop and they have tore theirs up. But the guess we're lesing our place for cows to, he planted about 200 acres total spread out and theres nothin for the cows to eat. But if we're killin big ones, we're more then likely givin it(for asmall fee)to mexicans(no offense) that live by where my dad works
I completly understand. If I go hunting for meat, it's small ones, or else it's kill em all

Old 02-21-2008, 09:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm sureI deserve that but can't remember why! Last time you brought any meat home was after leaving H.E.B,and you looked silly carrying a bow in there![8D]
Old 02-21-2008, 10:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: RLoving1

I'm sureI deserve that but can't remember why! Last time you brought any meat home was after leaving H.E.B,and you looked silly carrying a bow in there![8D]

I got off EZ, I thouht you were going to bring up that doe I shot at your place. []
Old 02-23-2008, 12:37 PM
Dominant Buck

I shot this one at a garbage dump in Picnic,FL without dogs back in the 80's. It was 460lbs.....

Old 02-23-2008, 04:33 PM
Fork Horn

Yes The tusks were in good shape... the day before i shot that one a guy shot one that weighed 700 # and was a really kool brindle color

Here is mine about 640# dont have a full body pic... this hog was a lil bigger than the mount....

Now thats a beast. Great looking boar for that age and size. Were the original tusk in good shape? The last boar I saw over 600lbs (I didnt shoot) was beat all to heck. Its ears were all tour up from fighting and the tusks were broken off pretty bad.

Quick Reply: How about some "real hogs"?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.