Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 How about some "real hogs"? >

How about some "real hogs"?

Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

How about some "real hogs"?

Old 02-14-2008, 03:25 PM
Banned

Default RE: How about some "real hogs"?

By buddy killed this hog on my lease. He weighed in at over 200 lbs. My brother killed a feral hog that weighed in at about 400 lbs a few years ago.

Old 02-14-2008, 06:54 PM

well nice hogs biggest ive seen has to be past 600 lbs i thought it was a cow on hill in front of us about 300 yds away...this was a big hogg i mean bigg
Old 02-16-2008, 10:51 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: the kidd

well nice hogs biggest ive seen has to be past 600 lbs i thought it was a cow on hill in front of us about 300 yds away...this was a big hogg i mean bigg
About 2 months ago the SAME thing happened. Me and my dad were ridng about 30 minutes before dark. So we go down into the creek which is about 20 foot below and we come up on 2 fields . Now we lease the property to a guy to put cows out and when we were turning to the right to ride down the fence lines, I see a spot. I said quote" If thats a hog there would be now way to kill it with what we have so we stopped and looked with our bare eyes and it didnt move, so we thouhgt it was a shrub or cow since it wouldnt move. Ive hunted there many times and know the landscape but it never clicked. So we drive about 5 yards and it starts heading towards the swampI threw up the binocs and many I would say close to 700 NO JOKE Ive since it once since but it was too dark
Heres that pig in the back of my truck

Old 02-17-2008, 09:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

For a lot of us it's not how big the hog is it, how good the hog is. For me, I'd let a 500 pounder walk, and take a 90 pounder. I put them in the freezer not on the wall.
I've let many big hogs go.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:53 AM
Fork Horn

Here is mine about 640# dont have a full body pic... this hog was a lil bigger than the mount....

Old 02-17-2008, 02:41 PM
Typical Buck

Yea Rev, I know what you mean. I"ve only taken a few hogs, with the hoyt. The second one was almost 400lbs. I don"t think I"ll ever take a bigger one again.
maybe if I wanted a mount, but the small ones eat so much better. It"s like the difference between an old stewing hen, and a 12 week old corish-rock -cross.
Old 02-17-2008, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: okboarhunter

Here is mine about 640# dont have a full body pic... this hog was a lil bigger than the mount....
I have heard of ground shrinkage but never wall shrinkage.
Old 02-18-2008, 03:07 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: bigjim12

Burnie you the man, with the recurve, thats bad a$$
Thanks alot Bigjim. Here are some others ive taken recently with the same recurve. I even put the old bow in the pics. Im thinking of retireing her and start using some of my home cookedbows more. Ive got a real nice one in the bow oven right now that should be a great hog bow. Its a walnut, bamboo, and hickory lam R/D composit bow. It should be a great shooter. The last two i made with this combowere great shooters. I almost hated selling them.

Old 02-18-2008, 03:08 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: The Rev

For a lot of us it's not how big the hog is it, how good the hog is. For me, I'd let a 500 pounder walk, and take a 90 pounder. I put them in the freezer not on the wall.
I've let many big hogs go.
Im the very same way, but if ive got a freezer full, ill take a big boar for the Euro mount.
Old 02-18-2008, 03:10 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: okboarhunter

Now thats a beast. Great looking boar for that age and size. Were the original tusk in good shape? The last boar I saw over 600lbs (I didnt shoot) was beat all to heck. Its ears were all tour up from fighting and the tusks were broken off pretty bad.

Quick Reply: How about some "real hogs"?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.