Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

close call

Old 03-09-2007, 07:35 AM
Fork Horn

Default close call

We had another first yesterday. We were guiding clients on a dog huntto try outa new Cold Steel spear and had an old250 lb. Euro boar run a half a mile to a fence to back up into to fight. We heard a bay dog get cut so we let the catch dog go before we got up to the bay. When we reached them the boar had the catch dog under him pinned against the fence. The dog man went to snatch a hind leg of the boar to get it off of his dog and it spun around taking his feet out and dropping him on the boar's head! Hewrapped his armsaround it's head and hung on. Thehunterwith the spear run in and made a good stab dropping the hog almost instantly. The blade sliced through the pipeworks and the lungs so the boar sprayed a massive amount of blood on it's exhale. When it dropped the dog man rolled off and over on his back and all we could see was his entire face and shirt dripping in blood. You can imagine the chaos! He started wiping off the blood and found out that he wasn't cut, just had some bruised ribs. The old boar had broken off cutters and short blunt whetters. That's the only thing that saved him. The catch dog was cut under it's vest and had a dislocatedor broken shoulder and three of the bay dogs were cut, none toobadly though. The hunters were in awe! I was running the video camera for one of them and got most of the action on tape. If I can figure out how, I'll try to put it on here. What a hunt!
Old 03-09-2007, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: close call

oh man, my adrenaline was pumping just reading this......glad y'all weren't hurt..
Old 03-09-2007, 08:02 AM

And they say country folks don't know how to have fun. . . .I would take a day like this anytime over a day with rude folks at disney land.

That video would be a good one to watch. . I am sure you all will get many a good chuckle watching this one in years to come.

Hope the dogs mend quickly. . . .
Old 03-09-2007, 10:16 AM
Dominant Buck

Wow! Glad everything turned out as it did! It could have been real serious. Sure would like to see that video!