Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

To Greg and Hunters.

Old 02-12-2007, 06:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: To Greg and Hunters.

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

The farmers in my area have found the value of outfitters. They make to much money leasing their land to outfitters. Ive tried for over 14 years to find a single bit of land to hunt near my house, and all the farmers have leased out their property to the outfitters. We have three to four outfitters just in this little town. That is why I have to drive over an hour to my land to hunt. Im still up for a hog hunt on my land. Bow or rifle. Its not big, and kinda out of the way, but im up for it. I just need a time, ill provide the place.
Kent, that's why we are trying to find those landowners that don't want to mess with outfitters. Heck there are many hardworking good young fathers that can't afford to give their money to an outfitter. We are going to work hard at finding those guys a place to hunt. I know with some work, we can do this thing. Greg is already doing good out East Texas. I've got to get busy and find places out West, and South. I don't want to mess with North Texas. Did you see the look on North Texans face with that hog. I don 't want to have to get ugly with him.

And I am always ready fora hunt Kent. If I stay at my lake house that weekend it's only a couple hours away from there. Just say when, We are always ready...I'lll make sure Russ minds his manners. I've taught him how to use a napkin... Notice we never say anything about Kyle, heck he's an ex major league baseball player... He'd hurt us!
Old 02-12-2007, 06:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Burnie if ya got any bar ditches you may want to fence them off and if you have a feeder make darn sure it goes off!
Old 02-12-2007, 07:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

Burnie if ya got any bar ditches you may want to fence them off and if you have a feeder make darn sure it goes off!

Old 02-13-2007, 09:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

I started emailing all the county extension Ag offices Texas today. Hopefully we can have some results, and we can hook up hunters with landowners.
Bob
Old 02-13-2007, 09:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

Greg.

You know that according to Bob that "bar ditch" was a RAVINE
Old 02-13-2007, 10:30 AM
Dominant Buck

Im headed out this weekend to chop wood and get some feeders going. I have not been out since Dec. so Ill try to see how the hog are moving and get set up. Ill get everything in order and ready to take care of some hogs. Ill send out some P.M.s so we can all get together.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

Im headed out this weekend to chop wood and get some feeders going. I have not been out since Dec. so Ill try to see how the hog are moving and get set up. Ill get everything in order and ready to take care of some hogs. Ill send out some P.M.s so we can all get together.
Kent, don't go too far out of your way on our account. Russ can naturally attract hogs with his body odor. Just look at him, you can tell by his looks... And this was taken on his wedding day.

Old 02-13-2007, 01:37 PM
Dominant Buck

What a looker. No worries. I was wanting to get some feeders going so i could get the hogs moving out of the brush anyway.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just look at him, you can tell by his looks... And this was taken on his wedding day.
Russ can naturally attract hogs with his body odor.
Well thats gratitude for ya. I invite him to my wedding he takes a couple of pics of me and then posts one of them on the internet and saysI smell to boot.

Some friend hey.