Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Thanks from the north

Old 04-08-2006, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Thanks from the north

Well if you ever need more help ridding your property of the pigs just let me know……
Old 04-08-2006, 08:58 PM

You might want to try a bait station and get one of those bow-mounted spotlights or set up one on a rifle or shotgun and have at em. Apples are a very popular bait in Europe or Corn and molasses works great too. You could even build a cage trap or I have caught them with leg hold traps so there’s that option as well.
Old 04-09-2006, 01:22 PM

Any sort of baiting is not allowed in alot of our counties due to CWD. So that option is pretty much out. They seem to leave the apple trees alone but they rut in between the rows causing erosion and trying to drive the sprayers and picking equipment over 4" ruts doesn't work so well. They really raise hell with the corn during the whole growing season as well. When the corn is growing they eat the stalks and in the fall they nock it down and eat the ears.
The down side of letting others in to hunt that you don't personally know is that once the door is open it's really hard to close. Especially when you turkey hunt, extensively bow hunt and have a cabin in the woods for relaxing. Many times I was out bowhunting in the fall and came across trespassers cruising the woods. Once I came across a guy with his son who said they were squirrel hunting. Nice I thought spending time with his son in the woods even though my hunt was ruined for the day. BUT.. his boy had a Red Rider BB gun and dad had a 30-06! I confronted him on it and he fessed up and told me two of his buddies were on the opposite side of our land hunting as well.
It's even rare to hear of many pigs being shot during gun deer season but they are definately here to stay and smart as hell!