Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

what is going on up north

Old 10-25-2006, 11:30 AM
Typical Buck

Default what is going on up north

I live in southern indiana and was wondering what was going on up north like are the lakes freezing is it cold where are the ducks
Old 10-25-2006, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what is going on up north

How far north are looking at. Here in Manitoba the ducks and geese are heading south for sure because I have hardly any around my place and that’s just 60 miles north of Winnipeg. We had a good snow dumping just a little while ago but the lakes are not frozen yet and the snow is pretty well all gone for now...
Old 10-25-2006, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

We saw hundreds of geese and even a flock of Sandhills today while deer hunting........great time of the year.

Ron
Old 10-27-2006, 10:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Saw these guys today enjoying the sun.

It was in the city though. Seems some of the geese are a bit reluctant to leave.

Ron

Old 11-01-2006, 04:19 AM

im in southern indiana ...and the birds are here ..... but only a fraction of what we will be seein in a month or so ..... rb ya shoulda jumped out and looked for sum bands .... lol
Old 11-18-2006, 09:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Duck numbers for our trips to ND were way down for other years. I think the several consecutive years for very dry conditions in much of ND has taken it's toll for locally raise ducks there. We saw some flocks of northern mallards, grey ducks and a few pintails, teal, etc. Nothing like say 2-3 years ago though.

Many Canada and huge flocks of Snow and Blues were down early this year there, probably because of mid to late Oct. cold weather and snow that came through to the North. We had to scout around a lot this year and saw many dried big and small sloughs there. But we did very well field hunting Canada and Snow Geese.
Old 11-19-2006, 05:49 AM

Im on an island in the north part of lake huron for this up coming weeks deer hunt(cant believe one of the neighbours actually has wireless internet service,, have too ask who has it today).Anyways the beaver ponds are mushy on top, lakes are wide open,, LOTS of divers around and some geese!
Old 11-19-2006, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Haven`t seen any birds here for two weeks. I do believe it is over.

Ron
Old 11-19-2006, 12:20 PM
Spike

I live in central maine and nothing is freezing...the puddle ducks are pretty scarce but im still waiting for the divers to come down.......cant wait
Old 11-20-2006, 08:55 PM

I live in NY, They kind of went by us a bit but theres still a lot around....puddle ducks, A LOT OF BLACK DUCK. Season opens in 2 days

Quick Reply: what is going on up north

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.