Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Tioga Preserve

Old 12-10-2005, 04:50 PM

Default Tioga Preserve

Stay away from Tioga! Do not drive to central PA to get your trophy.

I shot a Texas Dall,.. After they bugged me about what I wanted shoot,... I was debating with a Rocky Mountain Ram. It just showed up. (Many, "Where you at,.." calls on the radio.) They release the animals from a barn when you are on the preserve.The ram had a deep cut on the back of his neck and a nice dent in his face. The guide asked me to keep the mag on the scope down low. I guess he didn't want me to see the damage. I had asked for a show stopper,. What I got was an old breeder,... About ready to faint from getting tossed from the barn. He smelled like the barn as well.

Maybe I'm wrong but why aren't you allowed to venture far from the lodge"? Stay away is my advise.

Consequently, when I had the ram done up, the hair slipped,. Big surprise. I bet that he was about half dead when he got pushed from the barn. (Yes, he smelled like a barn.) This was a $750.00 Texas Dall and right now we're trying to find something to do with the horns I paid a hell of allot of money for. Would you book this hunt?

All in all,... Tioga is a very expensive mistake.

Stay away from Tioga.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tioga Preserve

Another good reason to stay away from canned hunts.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:15 PM

Default RE: Tioga Preserve

should have done your homework!! this place gets lots of bad reviews!!!!