Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 Picture of a Florida Bayhead. >

Picture of a Florida Bayhead.

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Picture of a Florida Bayhead.

Old 12-01-2005, 05:26 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Picture of a Florida Bayhead.

Imagine this picture without the bridge. This is where our deer and hogs hide. Try walking through this with a flashlight at night time. Just a little scary. This is a Bay head

Old 12-01-2005, 07:32 PM

Default RE: Picture of a Florida Bayhead.

I like to think that I have apretty good sense of direction BUT, I believe I'd get lost in that stuff without a compass.
Old 12-02-2005, 05:03 AM

try to turkey in that stuff ; really tuff ground to hunt.
looks like where I hunt.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:21 AM
Dominant Buck

Tree Climber,
I'd like to hook up with ya sometime in the future. I'm sure I could learn a great deal. I spent 7 years hunting in Maryland. 4 years in the infantry stationed mostly in the GA swamps. I've only been hunting in FLorida for 4 years. Any advice from you pros would be ap[preciated. Tired of striking out
C7
Old 12-03-2005, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

i thought about ya today when i was in the cypress head, i went hog/ squirrel hunting this a.m., all i got was a couple of squirrels...i figured i'd get out in the marsh and the squirrel hunters would hopefully spook a hog to me, so i passed up several squirrels on the way in, never did see a hog, but i had a great moring until i got wet, then i was COOOOOOOOOLLLLLD....heard turks gobbling and got some good pics of them....all i can say about the bayheads,any kind of head, sweetgum/cypress/bay is the more you do it the more comfortable you'll be doing it....good luck to ya.
Old 12-03-2005, 05:40 PM
Dominant Buck

yeah...I'm starting to think if your not going to hunt in the heads you might as well stay home. Actually these heads are full of skinny cypress trees with an oak scattered here and there. Some of the cypress trees are big enough for a Summit.
I plan to hunt hard after the 16th of Dec. I'll be off for 3 weeks if any one in Florida wants to hunt with me.From Dec.16th-Jan 5th
Chuck7
Old 12-04-2005, 11:33 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Chuck7

Imagine this picture without the bridge. This is where our deer and hogs hide. Try walking through this with a flashlight at night time. Just a little scary. This is a Bay head

Gosh Chuck, that looks familiar!
Old 12-05-2005, 07:03 AM

some of those cypress heads with the scattered oaks may be where the feeding it happing.I always just get me a good clear day and start out walking the heads till I find a spot with lots of activity and setup on it for a day.

nothing happening there find another and wait them out.find the feed and then the bedding area and get between them and wait.

after you find the spot you will know what to look for from then on.it is a different kinda of feeding area.high water pushes them out to the edges and when it goes down they go back. you kinda have to go with then.when the water comes up the worms and bugs go to the edge and the hogs root along it. look for that and wait.

after the season is open for a while ; the deeper you go the better. everyone else wants to hunt close to the road and to there truck. they make the animals go deep , then you need to go deep with them.
plan on staying the day,take asandwich and drinking water.
when all the other hunters are leaving for noontime , thats when you need to be setting in the heads.they will make the game move till they leave.

good luck , and try to keep try.I always have dry socks in my pack. dry feet always makes you feel better.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:22 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Tree climber

some of those cypress heads with the scattered oaks may be where the feeding it happing.I always just get me a good clear day and start out walking the heads till I find a spot with lots of activity and setup on it for a day.

nothing happening there find another and wait them out.find the feed and then the bedding area and get between them and wait.

after you find the spot you will know what to look for from then on.it is a different kinda of feeding area.high water pushes them out to the edges and when it goes down they go back. you kinda have to go with then.when the water comes up the worms and bugs go to the edge and the hogs root along it. look for that and wait.

after the season is open for a while ; the deeper you go the better. everyone else wants to hunt close to the road and to there truck. they make the animals go deep , then you need to go deep with them.
plan on staying the day,take asandwich and drinking water.
when all the other hunters are leaving for noontime , thats when you need to be setting in the heads.they will make the game move till they leave.

good luck , and try to keep try.I always have dry socks in my pack. dry feet always makes you feel better.

Ha,Ha,You been there a time or two!
Old 12-05-2005, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

going hunting in the a.m., hoping to get to a place i know thatis just like this but without the bridge, i'm planning on hanging all day, it's suppsoe to be cold, so i'm hoping for an active day....maybe i'll remember to get pics

Quick Reply: Picture of a Florida Bayhead.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.