HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Picture of a Florida Bayhead.
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 08:22 AM
Rebel Hog
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Picture of a Florida Bayhead.

ORIGINAL: Tree climber

some of those cypress heads with the scattered oaks may be where the feeding it happing.I always just get me a good clear day and start out walking the heads till I find a spot with lots of activity and setup on it for a day.

nothing happening there find another and wait them out.find the feed and then the bedding area and get between them and wait.

after you find the spot you will know what to look for from then on.it is a different kinda of feeding area.high water pushes them out to the edges and when it goes down they go back. you kinda have to go with then.when the water comes up the worms and bugs go to the edge and the hogs root along it. look for that and wait.

after the season is open for a while ; the deeper you go the better. everyone else wants to hunt close to the road and to there truck. they make the animals go deep , then you need to go deep with them.
plan on staying the day,take asandwich and drinking water.
when all the other hunters are leaving for noontime , thats when you need to be setting in the heads.they will make the game move till they leave.

good luck , and try to keep try.I always have dry socks in my pack. dry feet always makes you feel better.

Ha,Ha,You been there a time or two!